IGNORED

Swansea City at home match thread

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Squad doesn't have any real surprises, not sure of the formation with Tanner Sykes and DaSilva though 

Sam Bell on Bench 

Tanner will play in the back 3 imo. Could go either way this game, with Semenyo, Wells & Conway it looks as though we are going to be pressing really high. Either they will play through the press and cause us all sorts of problems or we win the ball back high up and hurt them 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

No Weimann. No cry!!!

???

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That feels 4-4-2.

O’Leary

Tanner-Vyner-Atkinson-DaSilva

Sykes-James-Scott-Semenyo

Conway-Wells

I still reckon it’s 3412.

George Zak Rob (maybe Rob central)

Tommy as the 10, was training there last season to cover Weimann. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

???

I still reckon it’s 3412.

George Zak Rob (maybe Rob central)

Tommy as the 10, was training there last season to cover Weimann. 

Was thinking Vyner in the middle, gives us as much balance as you can get with that back 3. Also Vyner is the most vocal of that 3, hopefully steps up to the plate, because I actually think he’s done well this season, despite some of his detractors on here! Fairly quick back 3 also? COYR 

• Like 4
Just now, Brann-red said:

The whole squad when they came out went straight over to a lad in the corner by S82 , who was sat in the enclosure at the front ,  obviously his birthday . Some of the team climbed over , gave him a signed shirt and a card then all had his picture taken with him . 

really nice touch. 

Oscar. Certainly well known to the squad. Not heard how he is doing since his op to help him to walk. Anyone know?

• Robin 1
4 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Can't see Atkinson in the warm up.....Joe low is there though

He definitely wasn't there, I saw the squad come over and hand a card and shirt to one of the lads down the front. must have been a late change I think.  

Thanks @RedMI didn't recognize Oscar, all grown up now. :)

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

makes no sense to me, JD is neat & tidy but not strong enough in defence and not brave enough offensively, Pring every time for me.

I have to say that I am disappointed with Jay, he has not pushed on like he should do.

His  stats are miserable for a wing back .If I was Pearson I would be on to him to show his worth and affect games more. 

4249FA23-271F-455B-A82D-7B8E48AEDF96.jpeg

2 goals and 11 assists in 4 1/2 seasons.

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Like 1

I can see us being tanked today, I mean I'm obviously hoping I'm wrong but Swansea are in form, we're off form and our line up is a weak one. 

Edit - just seen Vyner CB, Pring and Tanner other CBs... We're deffo getting tanked. 

Edited by Spike
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

3-4-1-2 I would say. With Conway playing in behind ( Weimann role ). I actually like the look of it. Always the optimist! COYR 

I'd imagine Semenyo in the hole. He's much better at picking the ball up in space turning at running at defences. Also, can pick a pass if Conway and Wells make the right runs ahead. Also, an option to give Semenyo more chance of getting a shot off from outside the box - hopefully he'll drive the ball low from distance though. He's been trying too hard for the spectacular top corner goals of late.