IGNORED

Sky Interview with Nige

Davefevs

5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Great interview, got to love the bloke and hope he stays our manager for a long time

could not help highlighting this quote

"One thing I do recognise are frauds. You have to get rid of them. Sometimes change has to be brutal.”

I wonder who he possibly could have been talking about..................

Excellent article which could do with being ‘pinned’ on this Forum! 

A really good insight into his style of management and acknowledgement that different parts of the club are now - finally, all aligned. 

It won’t happen fast enough for some supporters (Players of games such as Football Manager), but hopefully the majority have a little more patience until we really start driving forward. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

A really good insight into his style of management and acknowledgement that different parts of the club are now - finally, all aligned. 

It won’t happen fast enough for some supporters (Players of games such as Football Manager), but hopefully the majority have a little more patience until we really start driving forward. 

…and that his job spans more than the 90 minutes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Heh. There were a few bits in there that were not particularly subtle digs about certain people who are no longer here.

Unfortunately, it's a bit of an issue in this part of the world - things go wrong and people are full of bluster and bullshit "someone needs to come in and shake the club up from top to bottom" - but when someone comes along who says "ok then, want a shake-up? Let's have one", it doesn't seem to go down too well!! I think Pearson totally nails it when he says "Bristol - nice this, nice that".

• Like 14

Excellent interview and this paragraph summed up why as a club aren't where we should be:

“I just felt it was a nice club, nice people, nice this and that, lovely city. Everything was nice. We needed to be more street-wise, have more of a competitive edge to us. We can still be a welcoming club but we also need to be a club that other teams don’t like playing.”

• Like 5

Interesting article. Some of the quotes are from the Fans Forum, or at least the author clearly watched that as well as interviewing Pearson directly. If you've watched the Fans Forum then there's not too much truly new here.

One bit interested me though: “You need a couple who are – not wrong uns – but highly strung ones. You need mavericks.” An Anthony Knockaert? A Riyad Mahrez? “A Jamie Vardy,” he adds. “Otherwise, it is boring.

Do we have a Knockaert, Mahrez or Vardy type? From a personality side maybe Kalas? From a skill/flair side maybe..Scott? But no he's not really fitting that bill for me.

Is this something we're missing in order to get to that next level?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Excellent interview and this paragraph summed up why as a club aren't where we should be:

“I just felt it was a nice club, nice people, nice this and that, lovely city. Everything was nice. We needed to be more street-wise, have more of a competitive edge to us. We can still be a welcoming club but we also need to be a club that other teams don’t like playing.”

Perhaps over the long term this is ultimately a factor in Bristol City's failure to ever achieve long term sustainable success. I don't think it's the sole reason, but I can see it could be one reason.

However in the short term the following quote is the perfect summation of why we're currently enduring the seasons that we are:

“The club took a view that they were going to spend a lot of money to get out of the division and hope it worked. They were close. But it didn’t work. And the after-effects of that are a huge wage bill, too many players and the balance of the squad all over the shop.

“In the past, the recruitment was a bit scattergun. We invested a lot on players on good wages – some are still here. We flirted with not meeting FFP regulations. So we are trying to be successful now but also do so by having an operation that is sustainable.

“The aim is to lower the wage bill – and we have got rid of a lot of the big earners – and also have a team with an identity. I don’t think the team has ever had that. Now the players are driving it. We have trimmed the squad down. We have players who want to be here.”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Fascinating insight into the way Nige works and even more proof of what a deep thinker and proper manager he is - no other City manager in the last 25-30+ years could or would of conducted such an interview.

Its easy to see why the Foxes fans still adore him. 

I’ve said before and will say it again - we’re lucky to have him as a our manager.

Very lucky and a shame he wasn't here straight after cotts we could be in a far better position.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 7

Have to stick with Nige imo.... Whilst he's not walking the walk atm, he's the right man to see us progress. Other than a horrid relegation battle this season, I believe he has all the current players, staff and hierarchy on side. ??‍♂️ So stick rather than twist. 

Big changes will come in the summer, extend his contract and lets start looking at us achieving top 10 finishes with a better chance of getting to the prem in the next 3 seasons. ??‍♂️

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Interesting article. Some of the quotes are from the Fans Forum, or at least the author clearly watched that as well as interviewing Pearson directly. If you've watched the Fans Forum then there's not too much truly new here.

One bit interested me though: “You need a couple who are – not wrong uns – but highly strung ones. You need mavericks.” An Anthony Knockaert? A Riyad Mahrez? “A Jamie Vardy,” he adds. “Otherwise, it is boring.

Do we have a Knockaert, Mahrez or Vardy type? From a personality side maybe Kalas? From a skill/flair side maybe..Scott? But no he's not really fitting that bill for me.

Is this something we're missing in order to get to that next level?

I would like to think Benarous might be that player,the boot kicking incident and general shithousing indicates the possibility.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Red DNA said:

Oi, I am currently in 2098 on Football Manager 21 and am fresh off of a 46th consecutive Premier League title with the City and I have plenty of patience for Pearson ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

I would like to think Benarous might be that player,the boot kicking incident and general shithousing indicates the possibility.

Yeh good shout. He could be. Not sure I've heard tales of him being much of a "maverick" but he's a young man who could well go that way if allowed to express a little confidence and swagger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I wonder who he possibly could have been talking about..................

I have at least four who it could be but I will not quote any names as their egos are already making them legends in their own minds.

NP calls a spade as a spade and deals with them accordingly. NP might have never won a Premier/First title but he is still up there with those who have because he does not suffer fools easily.