IGNORED

Bristol City u21s v Charlton Athletic u21s

spudski

16 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I am also a big fan of Han, and i can understand why he has not signed a contract, yet?   ..............and time and injuries will determine If HNM is given a fair crack of the whip, I will give NP the benefit of the doubt, but we will see?

My completely speculative thoughts are….we gave him a massive wage when he signed, and it’s too high in the current climate, so 1) we can’t improve it and 2) Han wants more than we are willing to offer.  Therefore impasse.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My completely speculative thoughts are….we gave him a massive wage when he signed, and it’s too high in the current climate, so 1) we can’t improve it and 2) Han wants more than we are willing to offer.  Therefore impasse.

I don't believe it is so much about money, and more about ambition and the urge to step up in his career?  I guess we will eventually see, when and where this is eventually resolved, as to his true motivations?

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think, and have thought for a while, that Han feels  his career and his game hasn't progressed as he wished/envisaged, and feels it's time to move on, maybe to a European team that may reflect more on how he plays/wants to play.

• Like 1

I think with Han we have to remember he’s a young man living in a foreign country, for those that have never tried it, it’s not always as easy as you may think, however well off you may be.

His best friend and old teammate Képhren Thuram, now plays at Nice, alongside Joe Bryan, I think the idea of playing back down on the Med’ near or alongside him would be very appealing. Much as he’s loved Bristol the he does find the grey, wet weather here not to his liking.
He also has his dad and family living in Bristol so maybe it’s a collective decision to go back to France.

Of course I don’t think Han quite knows yet what’s happening, so I certainly have no idea. He’ll probably end up at Cardiff now I’ve said all that.

I do know that playing and learning football in England was something that he wanted to do from a young age. At 18 he had the chance and signed a 3 year deal to do just that. At no point has wanted to cut short that 3 year deal and been happy to honour it, even when the club asked if he’d like to go to another championship club he preferred to stay and fight for his place, he ended that season playing almost every minute.

He’s loved Bristol and now it’s time for a change and I’ll wish him all the best, hopefully we’ll get to see that elusive first team goal before he goes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Thanks - are most games a sell out for the u-21s as the stand is quite small at the training ground?

The stand is only open up to the half way line, and per @Davefevs you will need to book tickets (general admission) online - these are free to season card holders. Fine to have it on your phone as the stewards just eyeball it.

Well worth the admission price anyway, and for the last game I went to (6 weeks ago) there was a free minibus from Ashton Gate (from by the Sports Bar).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think he wants to play at a higher level by moving to a top tier French team he will avoid tribunals and is still young enough to move back to the UK with minimal friction before his 24th birthday. 

6 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Finished 2-0 and HNM finally grabbed his first goal in City colours when he made the run from midfield, surged into the area and confidently buried it low into the bottom corner. Ironically, almost had a second with an effort straight at the keeper. 

Perhaps having finally realised he can put the ball in the back of the net that was the impetus to get him back in the first team and hopefully score a goal before he leaves. He's been so close on several occassions  with the crowd willing him on. Perhaps now he'll realise that he can score a goal and shoot when in position rather than pass to someone else to miss when it was easier for HNM to score himself. 

9 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but if given a run and performs well as do like him and Scott together, helps us get up the table, puts himself in the shop window to be sold in the January window or maybe enjoys being part of a successful midfield and then wants to stay and be a part of it. But none of us know what has been said behind closed doors.

He can sign a pre-contract with a new club in Jan, so he won’t be sold now, we’ll just get a bit of young player compensation.

Shame would have liked him to stay,  but would rather Kadji got the nod now. No place in the 1st team midfield with. Scott and James/ Williams tandem

1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

He can sign a pre-contract with a new club in Jan, so he won’t be sold now, we’ll just get a bit of young player compensation.

Shame would have liked him to stay,  but would rather Kadji got the nod now. No place in the 1st team midfield with. Scott and James/ Williams tandem

Just for clarification, pre-contract in January is only allowed if it’s for a non-English FA club.  In HNM’s case that of course could be very likely.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, billywedlock said:

He will struggle . He’s not made the breakthrough . I’m not sure where his career will go , but for now he is missing too many attributes to be a top player . He has had the chances but not taken them . On his day is wonderful but sadly he is normally woeful . Time for all to move on .  

I think he's got lots of attributes he might be lacking motivation on occasion who knows.  His performances are variable I'll give you that but he's not normally woeful he can be at times average IMO.