IGNORED

Drugs At Football

Selred

2 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

The sad fact is that there has always been a percentage of football fans that are prone to acting violently, starting way before cocaine became readily available and affordable.

It's easy for the government to point to finger at cocaine, as it avoids the real issues, which I believe are more cultural, societal, upbringing, deprivation etc.

Cocaine per se doesn't make someone violent. Bankers and lawyers enjoying a dinner party sniff don't suddenly bottle the other guests with their cab sav. MP's having a livener in the House of Commons don't steam into the opposition benches.

very true, most of the 'incidents' in the HoC seem to be related to a substance which is legally sold there.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/mp-goes-berserk-in-commons-bar-brawl-7446095.html

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/889082/house-of-commons-sport-and-social-bar-shut-down-after-man-glassed-in-face

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tookster said:

Took my boy to his first away game this season and it was the first time I had seen the extent of this. The pent up aggression in the queue for the toilets was enough to put my boy off from going at half time.

I totally support any action against this and believe that we will get more away support because of it.

I've seen it several times in toilets around the ground there's 2 queues for the gents.

In one i was at the urinal and no joke there's a bloke literally 2ft away from me having a line on the toilet window cill. That day was the worst i've seen for it.

• Like 1

A much better way of dealing with people who take coke is to make them sit and watch a video of:

1) how it's made (barrels filled with petrol to extract the cocaine from the plant is one part),

2) how it's trafficked across the globe and how many people are killed in the process

3) how the money from the drugs trade goes directly to fund criminal and terrorist organisations to buy arms, kill people, etc etc

Education might make more of them think twice than some 10 year banning order that probably won't ever happen

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

A much better way of dealing with people who take coke is to make them sit and watch a video of:

1) how it's made (barrels filled with petrol to extract the cocaine from the plant is one part),

2) how it's trafficked across the globe and how many people are killed in the process

3) how the money from the drugs trade goes directly to fund criminal and terrorist organisations to buy arms, kill people, etc etc

Education might make more of them think twice than some 10 year banning order that probably won't ever happen

It wouldn’t make a difference in my opinion 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

They'll see the ban as a badge of honor and continue buying, taking and in some cases, selling.

If anything, without the distraction of the game, they'll probably do more of it.

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I disagree, that kind of info is included in almost every documentary created on the subject and so can't see it being a deterrent. 

People who want to get high will do so regardless of the punishment (as evidenced by people doing it in countries that have the death penalty for it).

Legalise, regulate and educate is the sensible solution, but it'll never happen 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

I disagree, that kind of info is included in almost every documentary created on the subject and so can't see it being a deterrent. 

People who want to get high will do so regardless of the punishment (as evidenced by people doing it in countries that have the death penalty for it).

Legalise, regulate and educate is the sensible solution, but it'll never happen 

I think my point is that making people watch the documentaries might help to educate them, which is actually one of your ideas?  If they haven't watched them then they won't know about the info will they.

I agree that drugs should be legalised and regulated 100%, we are so behind the times in this country wasting billions trying to stop something that can't be stopped, pumping billions into criminal gangs when there is tax to be made.

if drugs are regulated like alcohol it won't solve the behavioural problems of over users (see alcohol) but at least the criminal gangs arnt gettjng the cash

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tookster said:

If I was a policy maker, I would probably start with football, on basis that it does attract the biggest bellends (present company excepted).

Speak for yourself ?.

I don't see how you can make a policy that applies to specific demographic of society, how you apply it might be done in that way but policy needs to be across society otherwise there are strong grounds for discrimination.

10 hours ago, Bris Red said:

Cocaine obviously has risen in popularity and ease to get hold of over the last 15-20 years i don’t think anyone can dispute that but i think the authorities really are clutching at straws if they think it is ‘fuelling’ disorder anymore than having 7 or 8 pints does.

Football disorder was rife in the 60s 70s and 80s long before cocaine was just a phone call away. What was ‘fuelling’ it back then? Certainly not saying it helps mind you but alcohol the worst and most destructive drug in our society once again gets overlooked.

Hope there not clutching at my straw.?...........as that's what i generally use to snort my cocaine ?  But to be honest i am mostly too pissed with all the legal drugs ( Sorry i mean booze.....that is promoted by Thatcher's, Smirnoff,  Gordon's, Stella, Jack Daniels etc etc etc) to get anywhere near my Class A's!!  God bless taxation!!  Hope they don't start taxing my cocaine........as it expensive enough already...Hic !!

Edited by maxjak
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Nothing makes a difference currently does it.  Maybe have UV lights on the turnstiles to illuminate the coke on peoples hands and noses, so they can be set upon by angry police?

Far too lenient!!............Bring in Electric Cattle Prods!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Appreciate the sentiment here, but people have tried this tactic with eating meat for years and it works to an extent, but not entirely well. Though something is of course better than nothing.

The whole country really needs a grown up approach to drug use - probably not starting at coke, but at some point. I'm not sure what it looks like just yet, but a grown up law surrounding it would help eliminate a huge amount of the problem. As it stands, it is dodginess from end to end, and that involves a huge amount of people. It's not safe or beneficial to anyone.

• Like 2

Pretty much most of the blokes I know have got an Albanian on speed dial. 
Perhaps the first step in this process should be to deal with the Albanian drug gangs and prevent more arrivals. 
As with most things, this is looking to punish the end user rather than the provider. 

Edited by Harry

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Pretty much most of the blokes I know have got an Albanian on speed dial. 
Perhaps the first step in this process should be to deal with the Albanian drug gangs and prevent more arrivals. 
As with most things, this is looking to punish the end user rather than the provider. 

Now now Harry your doing this to get gang engaged arnt you.?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Now now Harry your doing this to get gang engaged arnt you.?

Ha ha. I know. Sorry.

It is a serious point though. We don’t seem to be doing very much as a country to prevent the cocaine coming in, nor prosecuting the gangs and dealers. 
Seems like a very easy and lucrative business, in which about 17 people per year get locked up for. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. I know. Sorry.

It is a serious point though. We don’t seem to be doing very much as a country to prevent the cocaine coming in, nor prosecuting the gangs and dealers. 
Seems like a very easy and lucrative business, in which about 17 people per year get locked up for. 

New law states it’s targeting the user rather than the dealer

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. I know. Sorry.

So naive regarding anti drug work Harry - how deep is your actual knowledge 

And......... cocaine is not physically addictive so absolutely zero excuse for the end users , zero

and if there’s no customers there is no dealers 

48 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

So naive regarding anti drug work Harry - how deep is your actual knowledge 

And......... cocaine is not physically addictive so absolutely zero excuse for the end users , zero

and if there’s no customers there is no dealers 

I don’t know anything at all about it. Other than we seem to occasionally get a gang busted and a dozen people get jailed. 
I’m sure there is plenty more that can be done