IGNORED

Watford fans

22A

15 minutes ago, 22A said:

Already started their match day thread and reading down, appear to be reasonable with their comments.

https://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/bristol-city-vs-watford-12th-nov-2022-3pm.59815/

Interesting b&w photo of AG at the start. Adverts for Courage and Bristol cigarettes, so sometime in the 1960's.

Their prediction made me laugh out loud! Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 22A said:

Already started their match day thread and reading down, appear to be reasonable with their comments.

https://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/bristol-city-vs-watford-12th-nov-2022-3pm.59815/

Interesting b&w photo of AG at the start. Adverts for Courage and Bristol cigarettes, so sometime in the 1960's.

They do seem to be reasonable apart from the Watford to win 8-3 forecast. Sum of their comments reflect this forum - eg

“Bristol City have to be one of the worst performing teams ever in World Football relative to the location they purport to represent.”

“Yes thy also have the Rovers who are managed by another nut@er who spends as much time in the justice system as he does in opposition boardrooms”

• Like 3

I seem to remember Watford fans were also quite reasonable on their forum before we last played them, by reasonable I mean most of them thought that we’d be no pushover and were better than our recent form going into that game.

Anyway they won 6-0

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, 22A said:

The Duckmoor Road flats were completed in 1962 and the Western Terrace was demolished circa 1967, so sometime between those dates.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, !james said:

They have obviously been watching us...

On paper we should get battered, but as we all know football is played on grass not paper so therefore we definitely will get battered. 

It's a league fixture - so we absolutely should not get battered! (of course this happens sometimes)

They aren't one of those teams that are simply roo good for this division. They are 5th. They have lost to several teams we'd class as our piers this season - a home battering would be utterly unacceptable - but I think it speaks volumes that plenty of are half expecting it to happen.. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's a league fixture - so we absolutely should not get battered! (of course this happens sometimes)

They aren't one of those teams that are simply roo good for this division. They are 5th. They have lost to several teams we'd class as our piers this season - a home battering would be utterly unacceptable - but I think it speaks volumes that plenty of are half expecting it to happen.. 

I agree.   A battering would be completely unacceptable. What I don’t agree with is that plenty are expecting it.  Seem to be quite a few on here who are hoping for it mind.  

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

32 minutes ago, lenred said:

I agree.   A battering would be completely unacceptable. What I don’t agree with is that plenty are expecting it.  Seem to be quite a few on here who are hoping for it mind.  

Sad to say but getting battered might speed up the departure of NP.

• Sad 2

• Admin
14 hours ago, 22A said:

Good to see @Never to the dark side getting a mention

6 hours ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

That photo is May 8th 1963.That’s me in the photo playing for Ashton Park against Bristol Technical school in the Woodcock Shield Final.It had rained all day and the pitch was waterlogged.Anyway it was a 0-0 draw and the trophy was shared.

You were part of a side that kept a clean sheet? 

Can you bring your boots Saturday?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

That photo is May 8th 1963.That’s me in the photo playing for Ashton Park against Bristol Technical school in the Woodcock Shield Final.It had rained all day and the pitch was waterlogged.Anyway it was a 0-0 draw and the trophy was shared.

No way is that you, mate. 
That kid looks way too tall ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

Wow,, now your taking me back.

I remember playing in the Woodcock Shield Final,late 70's...

Unluckily for me it was at Eastville! ?