IGNORED

Lee Johnson

21 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I think he was parodying a certain poster on here who constantly slags off GJ !!!

Maybe but Don't you think that if the post is ironic or sarcastic then it should also contain some sort of clue? Like.... well if you listen to some on here anyway ?

I'm just a simple sort of chap, read it and replied to what it said....

Apologies @cidered abroad if that was the case.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Maybe but Don't you think that if the post is ironic or sarcastic then it should also contain some sort of clue? Like.... well if you listen to some on here anyway ?

I'm just a simple sort of chap, read it and replied to what it said....

Apologies @cidered abroad if that was the case.

@Davefevs at my age after a lifetime being a City fan, one needs a pretty warped sense of humour. Thankfully while I can dish it out, I can also accept it. Here's an example of my family's humour.

My grandmother's burial was on a wet day at Greenbank Cemetery, with wooden boards around the grave. As the coffin was being lowered into it, my Mum, her daughter, slipped and Dad and I on either side, held on to her arms. I said "Go steady Mum it's not your turn".

Ten years later at the same family grave, as Mum's coffin was lowered, Dad said "She finally made it into that grave". A sad day but we both laughed at the joke.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

How do you think other Managers go about it, when they come to a club with players who only do what they want and create a bad atmosphere everywhere?

They either try to get them back on side, isolate them or ship them out. From what I have read on their forum, he spent the first third of the season playing the same old faces, then when that didn't get them on side, he dropped them and introduced some of the others. In the January window he has apparently done well to ship some of those out, but like all clubs, he probably hasn't got rid of them all, so it's a case of just having to manage them away from the core group.

It's not radically different to what Pearson has done here over the past two years.

in short, if people don't want to be involved you ship them out, the creation of a poison pool is ridiculous ,as anyone competent in management would tell you.. It also reminds me of the school remedial groups that were abundant in the 70s. As ever, someone needs tp sense check his words before they fall out of his mouth!

21 minutes ago, adamski said:

in short, if people don't want to be involved you ship them out, the creation of a poison pool is ridiculous ,as anyone competent in management would tell you.. It also reminds me of the school remedial groups that were abundant in the 70s. As ever, someone needs tp sense check his words before they fall out of his mouth!

But in the case of footballers on contract, how do you "ship them out", if a) they are happy to stay and pick up their money and/or b) nobody else wants them?

You have to use other means, which lots of Managers do.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

@Davefevs at my age after a lifetime being a City fan, one needs a pretty warped sense of humour. Thankfully while I can dish it out, I can also accept it. Here's an example of my family's humour.

My grandmother's burial was on a wet day at Greenbank Cemetery, with wooden boards around the grave. As the coffin was being lowered into it, my Mum, her daughter, slipped and Dad and I on either side, held on to her arms. I said "Go steady Mum it's not your turn".

Ten years later at the same family grave, as Mum's coffin was lowered, Dad said "She finally made it into that grave". A sad day but we both laughed at the joke.

When my father in law got diagnosed with stage 4 brain tumour and 6 months to live,    we were all with him in hospital, and his son said straight away "at least you don't have another 4 years of the ******* Tories!" 

• Like 5

A new ‘Johnsonism’ to enjoy this fine Sunday lunchtime; 

‘‘To a man, everybody competed and we had that one brain as a team that gave us the opportunity to get that big chance."

I know LJ loves his fine margins, but surely group lobotomisation in order to beat St.Mirren is taking things a tad too far.

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Now it’s unbeaten in four with three wins in that time. Up to fourth and a lot of Hibs fans sympathetic to the injuries he’s had to put up with this season. Amazing how fickle fans are and the short-termism of everything nowadays! 

Yeah, pretty crucial for the little run to cement top 6 when the league splits.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Now it’s unbeaten in four with three wins in that time. Up to fourth and a lot of Hibs fans sympathetic to the injuries he’s had to put up with this season. Amazing how fickle fans are and the short-termism of everything nowadays! 

I assume you were not one of those calling for Pearson's head 6 weeks ago

Edited by 2015
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

As ever with LJ, the question will be what follows when the unbeaten run ends.

26 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s a pretty ridiculous league, too.

Celtic & Rangers are so far ahead of everyone else in terms of finances it’s like League Two sides (certainly those who are around the bottom five) playing against Liverpool or Spurs.

Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen are borderline Championship in terms of their wages but even then more like Rotherham than a Norwich.

It must be one of the most unequal leagues out there.

• Like 1

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

He’s achieved the league position they should be in,can he break into the top 2,think we all no the answer to that question 

Of course not, but many better managers than him wouldn't do it either and it shouldn't be held against him. Realistically the aim is always to be best of the rest, plus maybe try and pick up a cup if you can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It’s a pretty ridiculous league, too.

Celtic & Rangers are so far ahead of everyone else in terms of finances it’s like League Two sides (certainly those who are around the bottom five) playing against Liverpool or Spurs.

Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen are borderline Championship in terms of their wages but even then more like Rotherham than a Norwich.

It must be one of the most unequal leagues out there.

Pretty much.  This is a good chart:

image.thumb.png.1c08b206b7e07b12ed4f8dbad7c0467d.png

Albeit season before last,you can see how far ahead the Glasgow Pair are.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Of course not, but many better managers than him wouldn't do it either and it shouldn't be held against him. Realistically the aim is always to be best of the rest, plus maybe try and pick up a cup if you can.

Exactly,he’s doing what he should be doing which is why this thread is funny,you have people slagging him for not doing his job and then people praising him for doing his job and no extra 

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Pretty much.  This is a good chart:

image.thumb.png.1c08b206b7e07b12ed4f8dbad7c0467d.png

Albeit season before last,you can see how far ahead the Glasgow Pair are.

12 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

A liitle surprised at how low League 1 is.

It was 2 seasons ago, I would think the top six and teams like Portsmouth would push that up a bit this season. I am more surprised at Serie B in Italy, that's a huge drop off from Serie A.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

A liitle surprised at how low League 1 is.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It was 2 seasons ago, I would think the top six and teams like Portsmouth would push that up a bit this season. I am more surprised at Serie B in Italy, that's a huge drop off from Serie A.

Here is the latest version that I’ve created from the same data source (FiveThirtyEight).

6A992FCB-898B-4707-A8E1-CCB10C2B017B.thumb.jpeg.c4adef7c936f8271f06700ba9a40741b.jpeg

• Like 1

On 20/02/2023 at 12:18, Elmore James said:

I'm not, having watched the Rovers v Burton highlights  ?‍♂️

I suspect that Leagues One and Two are better football quality to any other countries third and fourth tier leagues. Mainly because apart from England all others are minnow clubs, regional, playing in front of hundreds as opposed to minimum in England of around 4,000/5,000.

Also B teams of European big clubs are there. The equivalent to under 21's in England.