IGNORED

Lee Johnson

7 minutes ago, Olé said:

Aston Villa fans are still absolutely obsessed with him. It’s one of the weirdest things in the world.

I genuinely dislike Aston Villa. Arrogant bunch for fans, spawny for a club- get weird and or improbable twists of fate that swing their way.

Nothing to do with Johnson btw, they're just highly easy to dislike and that combination probably why.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, redkev said:

I do think there is half a decent manager in there somewhere , just think he over complicates things trying to be clever .

I know it went tits up with him but there were a few decent moments with him in charge . 

For what he spent with us and doubling our wage bill a few decent moments was not good enough 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought LJ received some awful Qs.

Not the sort of thing we're used to hearing in Bristol admittedly, but In some places journalists are actually local, not only that but fans of the club themselves, and aren't afraid of asking the sort of blunt questions fans are asking themselves.

We could have done with one or two like that when LJ was here.

Can't see LJ getting another appointment like City or Hibs, neither does he deserve to.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, redkev said:

I do think there is half a decent manager in there somewhere , just think he over complicates things trying to be clever .

I know it went tits up with him but there were a few decent moments with him in charge . 

500+ games in charge and he has achieved the square root of **** all 

May well carve out a tidy career as a coach - but a ‘manager’ or Head Coach he isn’t 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Glen hump said:

For what he spent with us and doubling our wage bill a few decent moments was not good enough 

Oh I totally agree , but we are Bristol city I take as many decent moments as possible ,

as for what he spent or doubling the wage bill the powers above are to blame there for sanctioning it not him 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redkev said:

Oh I totally agree , but we are Bristol city I take as many decent moments as possible ,

as for what he spent or doubling the wage bill the powers above are to blame there for sanctioning it not him 

He has to take responsibility for it as well, he was like a kid in a sweet shop, just kept on buying players without any thought of how to use them 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Penny for Reuben McAllister’s thoughts too….risky/silly career choice

Depends if whoever’s next likes him as well, if he can stay around the first team even if it’s an odd appearance here and there and training regularly with them he’s further ahead then he would be down here. 

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Depends if whoever’s next likes him as well, if he can stay around the first team even if it’s an odd appearance here and there and training regularly with them he’s further ahead then he would be down here. 

Weird

Do you not think that if he was good enough he would be given a chance here?

One thing they no one ( not even me!) Can criticize is the chances our youths are given!

14 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Please don’t say that…….the nightmarish thought of LJ returning once Pearson has gone has terrorised my thoughts on a few occasions!

There would be a mutiny at AG if that fraud of a coach/manager (call him what you want), came back to AG. Wouldn’t put it past Lansdown as we all know he likes “yes men” with the right identity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Our obsession with Lee Johnson is so weird. We played some of the best football I’ve seen under him. 

Why does he get so much stick from our fans? 

You're posting in a 36 page long thread full of reasons!

I guess if you ignore all the shit stuff then he was a great manager for us. If you include it he was an average one. If you include his history as a player and his personality/mannerisms that tips it into unbearable for some - whether that's fair or not is partly why this thread is so long and we're all still talking about him.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Our obsession with Lee Johnson is so weird. We played some of the best football I’ve seen under him. 

What , for occasions during 2 1/2 months , whilst spunking the money and opportunity of a generation for our Club

Why does he get so much stick from our fans? 

See above , plus his bulls**t that a fair few of ours even now fell for 

The defence of him, even now , is those who defended like some cult , him whilst burying their heads in the sand for the vast majority of his tenure as to what was happening

Talks a good game load of waffle though

• Like 2