IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

16 minutes ago, RedRock said:

What ever you think about Wales and the Welsh, their anthem is impressive. 

It’s far more uplifting than the dreary dirge that we have and I hate to say it but so is Flower of Scotland.

We should have “I vow to thee my country”  as our National Anthem.

Just now, Robbored said:

It’s far more uplifting than the dreary dirge that we have and I hate to say it but so is Flower of Scotland.

We should have “I vow to thee my country”  as our National Anthem.

"Our" national anthem isn't even ours. Dreadful, outdated, whining dirge. And racist beyond verse 1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Wales look very ordinary...........so they'll probably score in a minute?   Is it just me or is the ITV commentary team not a patch on the BBC's excellent presenter's?   

ITV commentator is patronising. Wales aren't playing well, but defending solidly.

8 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Is it wrong of me to want Wales to lose because of how much Michael Sheen has been a total ?? about the Prince of Wales end England in general?

Not really. In my opinion it's his kind of rhetoric that helps to divide the country.

FIFA would do us all a service if they told the Home Nation FAs to piss off and come back when there's one FA for the UK and we're ready to put forward a UK team rather than  four "countries".

It's just a quirk of football history that we're the only sovereign state that gets to enter 4 teams into tournaments. Causes far more division than it's worth.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think I've finally worked it out. You're Scottish, aren't you?

No I am not I'm most certainly English it's just a fact that Southgate has had favourable draws I don't know how you can dispute that given the teams they've played  and I hope this year is exactly the same and England win it regardless 

• Haha 3