IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What a game this is...Two teams going toe to toe

Brilliant isn’t it. 
These games with jeopardy have all been great. 
Makes me laugh how both BBC and ITV have mainly put the best of these final group games on their ‘2nd’ channels, to make sure the big team are on the main channel. 
Means the ‘casual’ fans are watching the nothing game whilst the real football people are switching to itv4 or bbc2 to enjoy the real stuff. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Brilliant isn’t it. 
These games with jeopardy have all been great. 
Makes me laugh how both BBC and ITV have mainly put the best of these final group games on their ‘2nd’ channels, to make sure the big team are on the main channel. 
Means the ‘casual’ fans are watching the nothing game whilst the real football people are switching to itv4 or bbc2 to enjoy the real stuff. 

Same on Radio, 5 Live covering the Brazil game - why?!

There's still a scenario where Cameroon beat Brazil, but don't go through - if Serbia v Swiss finishes 3-3! Which is not impossible! Love it. 

• Like 1

i can't help but think more teams at the next WC. not just diluting the quality, but 3 teams in a group and 2 going through, we will lose all of this gameweek 3 drama we have had all week! shame... won't be the same without all of the teams in each group playing at the same time and all these ever-changing permutations! plus a third of the teams will only play 2 games, whereas now the half that get eliminated at least have 3 games...

Edited by DolmanGaz
  • Like 1