IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

5 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Suarez has complained about a lack of respect to Uruguay. Well, what do you expect? A history of nasty behaviour, diving, scuffing penalty spots, flapping arms and screaming at officials. Everything I hate about footballers.

VAR has a lot of problems but modern cameras and replays/reviews have cancelled out intimidating tactics by teams like this. It might work in South America but not in a stadium with hundreds of cameras.

Can you imagine a team with both him and Ronaldo playing and competing for egos and respect?

Some of the passing, control and shooting has been shocking from the Septics, a bit of control and better choices they could be winning this. I don't think the dutch have another gear.

Doesn't look like they need another gear ?

Edited by 1960maaan

5 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Just looking up the Dutch keeper Noppert because I didn't know anything about him (think he has been really good). He is 28 and has never played more than 15 games in a season!

Yeah, it's only this season that he's become first choice anywhere. A couple of years ago his wife was trying to get him to give up football and join the police.

• Like 2