IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

Not harsh but keeper had defenders blocking the view, you could argue his positioning should be better 

Messi is a genius but the Beeb pundits saying he meant to stick it through the defender’s legs are so wrong.

And I know it pales into insignificance alongside the bribery and corruption needed to actually be awarded the tournament, the thousands of (denied)worker deaths building the stadiums, and the previous and ongoing human rights abuses, but the pitches are really shit in this WC. Loads of players falling over, cutting up badly, like a mid winter UK Sunday League pitch.

And it’s in a ruddy desert!

Edited by steveybadger
  • Like 1

What is it with the obligatory shot of FIFA President Gianni Infantino sat in the stands as the match starts? Is it written into his contract that the TV companies must show him at least once during each game? 
He may well be President but it seems to be a bit  a rse licking to me. 

Edited by Red DNA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Red DNA said:

What is it with the obligatory shot of FIFA President Gianni Infantino sat in the stands as the match starts? Is it written into his contract that the TV companies must show him at least once during each game? 

Sponsorship by “Just for Men”

20 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

He always looks bored and totally alone to me.