IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

For what it's worth, I think the commentator has been ok. There's one on live who does my head in, but it's not this one.

I agree, Dion Dublin is excellent.

Just now, BigTone said:

Bring on John Hartson I say

He’s pretty a good pundit for sure.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

See I don't mind him either. I'm not looking for a commentator to tell me all about background and analyse things too much. I can see what's going on. They're just there as background noise and to give you the names of players you are unfamiliar with.  I hate to say it about a fellow Red, but I'm not keen on Pearcey, for example. Calm down, mate. We're English, not Paraguayans. 

The understated Guy Mowbray is my favourite of current commentators. 

Guy Mowbray is very good I agree.  I get what you are saying about JP also but I like his style and again he’s so knowledgable.    Matterface couldn’t  even get the German players’ clubs right the other day.  Stuff like that really bugs me.  I know we all make mistakes but surely that’s a basic pre requisite. Champion and McCoist are probably my favourites at the moment.  A superb double act.  

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Chris Sutton.  Think he was being sarcastic!  He loves playing the curmudgeonly old get.   I like him a lot, very knowledgable and happy to have the Michael taken out of him.   

He does 606 with Savage doesn't he? I bloody hope he's playing a character. Grumpiest person I ever hear on radio.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Vicki Sparkes, Robyn Cowens, Jonathan Pearce, Sam Matterface all absolutely dreadful. The only good co commentator on BBC and ITV is Ally McCoist, the rest are dreadful. All about quotas though mostly.

I’d never thought of Bristol City fans being considered a disadvantaged minority group. But it makes sense. ??

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Don`t you listen to Ian Gay when he phones in to RB then?

They come on after R Bristol is finished 

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Don`t you listen to Ian Gay when he phones in to RB then?

They come on after R Bristol is finished 

Nothing beats the wisdom of Mr Gay

Yeah right 

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Lewandoski forces the keeper off his line with the stutter.  Shouldn’t get a second chance.

That's part of the point of that kind of run up though. no different than playing for a foul or penalty. It's using the rules to gain advantage. It's smart because if he scores it's a goal, and if not he gets another chance. 

7 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

That's part of the point of that kind of run up though. no different than playing for a foul or penalty. It's using the rules to gain advantage. It's smart because if he scores it's a goal, and if not he gets another chance. 

I thought they weren’t allowed to break their run.

And then he celebrates….