IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

Feel sorry for Kane. The best player of this group and an excellent captain. Kane didn't deserve to be the one to make such an error.

I'm not surprised that we lost the game though. We gave it a decent go, but I can't escape the feeling that there's something missing with this England team - a bit of a competitive/aggressive/arrogant edge perhaps.

• Like 2

Kane been studying the Tomlin ‘how to take a penalty’ video.

Gutted for him.

As a squad, I think we had more to give and didn’t realise our full potential. ..that’s my frustration. Henderson was awesome though, hats off to him an absolute masterclass.

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Feel sorry for Kane. The best player of this group and an excellent captain. Kane didn't deserve to be the one to make such an error.

I'm not surprised that we lost the game though. We gave it a decent go, but I can't escape the feeling that there's something missing with this England team - a bit of a competitive/aggressive/arrogant edge perhaps.

Did just say somewhere else how great the young lads are coming through, both in terms of talent and appearing grounded, but maybe lack that bit of steal. Think it will come though - Bellingham is immense. 

Edited by Rebounder
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Belief .....

We just lack the belief , the realisation that we are a very good side

As I said in another post we need Bellingham’s belief and attitude to rub off on a few more

If I’m being picky , we showed them too much respect first half 

Could have been sent off, their defender for 2nd penalty.

We had our moments- make it 2-2 and who knows what happens! Was the penalty shout in the 1st half one we should have had too- looked terrible  on the replay yet VAR seemed to decline it.

Disappointing though, I thought pre game that France might shade it but we (missed 1st 15 mins) from what I saw, we really deserved better I thought.

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Great performance..........but yet again......we are lacking.  Best chance to get to a World Cup final, since the last time we blew it ?   Harry's;  in good company, I remember Roberto Baggio striking a similar crucial penalty into orbit in a World Cup game.

Don’t forget Diana Ross missing that penalty

• Haha 2

The trouble with England is they are the only top nation who lose those types of games. France had 1 clear cut chance and a goal from nothing, we had 2 pens a few good chances and were far the better side imo. It's so frustrating knowing that we didn't get what we deserved but sadly that's not what football is about.

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Maybe it’ll make me sleep at night but we’ve lost to the team who are gonna go back to back world champions for the first time ever. And we were the better team. 

Fact check - wrong. ?

Italy and Brazil have won back to back world cups. 

Granted not for a long long time. 

France will win this one, and the next one too. Huge strength in depth and phenomenonal young players coming through.