IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Belief .....

We just lack the belief , the realisation that we are a very good side

As I said in another post we need Bellingham’s belief and attitude to rub off on a few more

If I’m being picky , we showed them too much respect first half 

Horseshit.

It was a 51:49 game. Ref was shit and had Kane scored the penalty we would have won.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Foden, Bellingham, Baka, Mount, Rashford, Rice, the future is brighter than it's been in a long time.

Add Alex Scott for the next world cup

Foden, Bellingham, Baka, Mount, Rashford, Rice, the future is brighter than it's been in a long time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Maybe it’ll make me sleep at night but we’ve lost to the team who are gonna go back to back world champions for the first time ever. And we were the better team. 

It’s taken 20+ years, but we finally have an England team to believe in and look forward to watching.  

I don’t think France will win it. I can even see them losing to Morocco in the semis

• Like 1

England played well, they were IMO the (slightly) better team. The Ref's decisions shipped th game massively.
Them going 1-0 let them sit in. 
It should have been a foul , so 0-0
Then Kane's Pen, 1-0, the one not given.
So our equaliser 1-0
Our equaliser makes it 2-1
They make it 2-1 with Geroud 
If the game is Reffed properly we win

If they beat us 2 or 3 nil, I'd be gutted, but I'd hold my hands up. Shit Ref's kill the sport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

VAR can’t give a free kick

Its a penalty or nothing

What’s confusing you now @TonyTonyTony

You are completely clueless about the game and the rules

........or maybe just what I told you are , and a weirdo stalker with me in your head, with your wife’s tights on your head 

Brilliant entertainment 

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

England played well, they were IMO the (slightly) better team. The Ref's decisions shipped th game massively.
Them going 1-0 let them sit in. 
It should have been a foul , so 0-0
Then Kane's Pen, 1-0, the one not given.
So our equaliser 1-0
Our equaliser makes it 2-1
They make it 2-1 with Geroud 
If the game is Reffed properly we win

If they beat us 2 or 3 nil, I'd be gutted, but I'd hold my hands up. Shit Ref's kill the sport.

Yep. Posted this on our WhatsApp group after the game…

Probably the better team for the last hour. Refs name is probably Pierre or something. Ah well City won today that’s more important. 
Bonnet da douche

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

I know it was never going to happen but I would have liked a different penalty taker for the second.

He’d already got one over his team mate Lloris and there was just too much going on in his head for the second, the resulting pen was no surprise 

I know what you mean, but if he hit the target at that pace , he scores . I feel for him , the pressure is massive. 

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

I don’t think France will win it. I can even see them losing to Morocco in the semis

No. I think Morocco will be exhausted after the emotion and exertions of the 2 wins and the quality of the French will brush them aside.

I hate the tactics of the North African teams . They play to get a goal on the break then put all 11 behind the ball for the rest of the match. Egypt play the same way - what a waste of the talents of their skilful players.

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

What’s confusing you now @TonyTonyTony

You are completely clueless about the game and the rules

........or maybe just what I told you are , and a weirdo stalker with me in your head, with your wife’s tights on your head 

Brilliant entertainment 

Weirdo. Go get ready for bed

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Good olde FIFA......their choices of referees reflect just how poor they are at running the World's favorite game?

For a group of referees all following the same guidance and rules it spoke volumes about the kinds of matches they referee at home.

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I know what you mean, but if he hit the target at that pace , he scores . I feel for him , the pressure is massive. 

It was huge pressure, maybe more because it was a team mate and he’d outwitted him once, Lloris keen to get even.

I do feel for him though and certainly hold no grudge

• Like 1