IGNORED

Kalas - still struggling for fitness

Shuffle

Without being over dramatic if he can’t get himself back on the pitch by the end of the calendar year then you have to start to wonder if he can at all.

By then he’ll have been out for 9 months, save for 2 brief sub appearances & we all know he’s a top two earner at the club, so no way is he getting a new offer based on 22/23.

Have to hope the news re Naismith is much brighter than this.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Did hear last week he was set to go under the knife again, although the fact he’s on holiday presumably makes that BS. 

Heard the same re Benarous as well. Hopefully both those nuggets of info are wrong. 

Hope Not re benarous,, him and scott look great,, if scott goes, benarous coming in would soften the blow significantly 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, spudski said:

I saw that post, and the photos he put up.

I was surprised they went to swim and meet the captured trained dolphins.

Perhaps they haven't been educated on how those dolphins are captured and treated.

Anyone who's watched ' the Cove'...will understand.

Totally agree with you. No need for any animals to be treated this way. More education needed.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Masala said:

I've commented on his Instagram post. He was slightly defensive. He reckons they are rescued. Still they had to be trained to be held by humans - they wouldn't do it naturally. 

You've only got to look at the aqua park where he is, to see these animals are trained to do tricks and are there for entertainment, rather than being looked after.

Hopefully by making a point, he and others will question and think about it.

Everyone makes mistakes...I regret riding on an Elephant on Sri Lanka, before I got educated.

Edited by spudski
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, spudski said:

You've only got to look at the aqua park where he is, to see these animals are trained to do tricks and are there for entertainment, rather than being looked after.

Hopefully by making a point, he and others will question and think about it.

Everyone makes mistakes...I regret riding on an Elephant on Sri Lanka, before I got educated.

Why would he care,he isn’t a bleeding kid so unless he is a bit of a plum he would know that certain animals shouldn’t be rescued 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Why would he care,he isn’t a bleeding kid so unless he is a bit of a plum he would know that certain animals shouldn’t be rescued 

Sadly...There's a lot of people who are uneducated on such things. 

All they are interested in, is money, holidays, material possessions, and sharing it on social media. 

There are a lot of footballers that fall into this category.

I'm not saying it's the case with Kalas...but there are many that simply aren't interested in such information.

Blimey...you've only got to look at China and it's populations ignorance to shark fins.

Some are either ignorant or want to turn a blind eye...as showing others on social media you are eating it or exploiting it, is more important.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, spudski said:

Sadly...There's a lot of people who are uneducated on such things. 

All they are interested in, is money, holidays, material possessions, and sharing it on social media. 

There are a lot of footballers that fall into this category.

I'm not saying it's the case with Kalas...but there are many that simply aren't interested in such information.

Blimey...you've only got to look at China and it's populations ignorance to shark fins.

Some are either ignorant or want to turn a blind eye...as showing others on social media you are eating it or exploiting it, is more important.

I am lucky enough to have been able to free swim back in my youth with them when they struggled to catch me up ,joking aside it’s disgusting to see them in a pen which is what it is to all when you see how they are kept 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I am lucky enough to have been able to free swim back in my youth with them when they struggled to catch me up ,joking aside it’s disgusting to see them in a pen which is what it is to all when you see how they are kept 

I had similar experiences when surfing in OZ. Stunning intelligent creatures. 

• Like 1

Back to Kalas

There must be more to this than meets the eye, why is he still not fit, something wrong with the rehab? Something wrong with the op?

I fear we won’t see him in a red shirt again, and if he is not fit by the time his contract ends aren’t the club liable to continue paying him until he is deemed fit?

2 hours ago, Masala said:

I've commented on his Instagram post. He was slightly defensive. He reckons they are rescued. Still they had to be trained to be held by humans - they wouldn't do it naturally

I hate seeing animals in this way, rescued is fine then release them if possible. However I have had wild dolphins & seals come close to my boat while fishing & actually stroked a dolphin (amazing & beautiful creatures) though I wouldn't try a seal with their teeth.

Admittedly its not the same as being held & I agree with the point you make :thumbsup:

Edited by bpexile
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Back to Kalas

There must be more to this than meets the eye, why is he still not fit, something wrong with the rehab? Something wrong with the op?

I fear we won’t see him in a red shirt again, and if he is not fit by the time his contract ends aren’t the club liable to continue paying him until he is deemed fit?

I’m interested to know why he’s on holiday when he’s injured.   Surely he should be working with the club medics every day until he is fit? Or am I missing something obvious? 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

9 minutes ago, lenred said:

I’m interested to know why he’s on holiday when he’s injured.   Surely he should be working with the club medics every day until he is fit? Or am I missing something obvious? 

Dave Rennie is no idiot, maybe the best solution here is to rest?

Or he has another operation scheduled in soon?

The conspiracy theory (not you) above is bonkers, how could we possibly gain by not playing him? If that was the case then why did he feature against Millwall & WBA?

It appears a frustrating, difficult injury to solve, I think that’s all.

36 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Back to Kalas

No.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The conspiracy theory (not you) above is bonkers, how could we possibly gain by not playing him? If that was the case then why did he feature against Millwall & WBA?

No.

Think he had groin/hip last season into the summer, whilst thinking he could go through little bit of pain in the knee.  Perhaps the pain in the groin, masked the true pain of the knee, so an op (small procedure) was needed. Came back from that, but picked up a calf strain.

Shit happens, doesn’t it.

I don’t see a bloke trying to get through his final season with as little action as possible. Nige obviously thinks a lot of Kalas, so just one of those things.  Bet Kalas, Nige and Rennie are pretty frustrated.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

No.

Cheers. Yes I wasn’t trying to cast aspersions at all, just wondering if I’d missed something obvious.  If RnR is the best / current solution then so be it.  Annoying but can’t be helped.   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Masala said:

I've commented on his Instagram post. He was slightly defensive. He reckons they are rescued. Still they had to be trained to be held by humans - they wouldn't do it naturally. 

I've read his response.

Tbh...he comes across in his response as ' entitled '. 

Other ' celebrities ' have done the very same thing as him, at the same place, and had ' followers' bring up the same information for them to understand. PETA even got involved and sent them information.

Some responded positively on being ' educated'.

His reply re them being rescued just goes to show his ignorance.

Even if they were rescued...you return them to the wild. If you can't...you don't ' train' them to be clowns for our entertainment. ' training'...is torture and deprivement. 

But let's not let that get in the way of a good photo opportunity to share on social media. ??

I'm hoping he's just ignorant or dumb...rather than arrogant and entitled.

Just because he's our player...if it was anyone else, the same would be approached.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

He will be gone by August no question. As will Wells, Bentley, Massengo and Scott.  Others are more in doubt as will depend if they are happy to sign a new contract on reduced terms, but those 5 are definite 

Edit: and Martin will be gone. 6 definite 

Where do get such definite Information from ?

17 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Where do get such definite Information from ?

My brain

Massengo - obvious, hasn’t signed contract 

Scott - obvious, has basically said it

Martin - old and poor we won’t offer him a contract 

Kalas/Wells - both on huge money and will go and earn good money elsewhere 

Bentley - we have two other keepers 

We need to get the wage bill down so I think it’s pretty obvious they all go. Unsure of likes of Dasilva as hard to say 

• Flames 2

17 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

My brain

Massengo - obvious, hasn’t signed contract 

Scott - obvious, has basically said it

Martin - old and poor we won’t offer him a contract 

Kalas/Wells - both on huge money and will go and earn good money elsewhere 

Bentley - we have two other keepers 

We need to get the wage bill down so I think it’s pretty obvious they all go. Unsure of likes of Dasilva as hard to say 

So not definite then!

• Like 2