IGNORED

Dan Bentley to Wolves - Confirmed

weepywall

9 minutes ago, extonsred said:

But if this was imminent why let Bajic go...not good in only the only appearance I have seen but if on 3 Yr contract he needs to be part of first team squad after Bentley. Another lot of dosh not giving the returns we wanted? 

He needs minutes to make the Euros this summer and won’t get them here. Bentley going out saves probably a top 3/4 wage earner in the squad. We’ll have a replacement lined up. V good business 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, extonsred said:

But if this was imminent why let Bajic go...not good in only the only appearance I have seen but if on 3 Yr contract he needs to be part of first team squad after Bentley. Another lot of dosh not giving the returns we wanted? 

Bajic needs to play some games something he won't be doing here for a while. 

Let’s say he’s on roughly £15k p.w.

Thats £390k in wages saved between now and 31st July (30th June plus one month “redundancy”).

If we signed him for £2m, then he’s worth circa £250k in the books.  I’d like to think we are covering most or all of that in a fee to save that being a loss.

As it stands if he stays here he’s gonna cost us circa £600-650k in forecast spend.  If we can get as much of that as possible back, that’s a good deal.

Shame Sarkic appears to be off to Stoke.

Wonder what our plans are?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I was wrong, PL club have signed a Championship player this window.

Good luck to him a fee (probably small) plus wages off the books. Always thought he signed for £4m, was it half that?

Cover for Max however? All goes towards any notional FFP hole if we're being pessimistic or frees up for maybe 1 or 2 loan signings if optimistic.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Brilliant move for him. Probably exactly what he wanted. Fee probably around the £100k mark I’d imagine 

Was hoping we’d get around £250k, which let’s face it, might be an overestimate.

Good move for him & as we know he won’t sign a new contract, sensible one for us.

Intrigued as to who replaces him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, One Team said:

Is that what’s happened here, I’ve lost track TBH? Didn’t know if this was a Pearson falling out or not signing a contract problem.

Most likely offered a new contract on reduced terms and won't sign it so being shipped as soon as we can

Fair play to the club.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, One Team said:

Is that what’s happened here, I’ve lost track TBH? Didn’t know if this was a Pearson falling out or not signing a contract problem.

I don't think it was either. 

I just think we didn't think he provided us with the value. 

If he was on the same wages as Max, you'd choose him over Max. But he's on significantly more and I personally don't think that's justified when Max has shown he's more than capable. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, extonsred said:

We've got Wiles-Richards and Buse is in the under 21s. That might be enough until Bajic gets back next year.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, One Team said:

From what I’ve heard, club had offered him a contract on reduced terms (similar to a lot of other players), and Bents wanted more than he’s currently on. 
Expect him to get the pay he wanted at Wolves, maybe play a few Prem games, we save £350-400k on wages, plus a fee.

How business should be done. Good on City, and Max is already number 1 so less change to our team.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

We've got Wiles-Richards and Buse is in the under 21s. That might be enough until Bajic gets back next year.

If max injures himself badly on Saturday we would be in big trouble with just those 2 young uns to replace him. Though they may be happy to rely on an emergency loan if that happened. Seems more likely we would look a loan on much cheaper wages than bentley ?

44 minutes ago, One Team said:

Cost cutting and not signing a contract are to sides of the same coin. We can no longer offer the wages he wants in his contract.

Honestly this is potentially some very good relegation preparation by Wolves. Sign a cheap experienced Championship goalkeeper with stats in the top ten of keepers in the division. Simultaneously send your young lad on loan to the Championship. Then if you go down and have to sell your current main man you've got a ready made no.1 and a no.2 who's already cut his teeth. 

Nice little fee and wage saving for us. Win win.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Pezo said:

That won’t happen.

Buse is on loan at Yeovil, Wiles-Richards was at Hereford, though it isn’t clear if he still is, because he hasn’t played again since his debut a few months ago.

We’ll bring in someone with league experience to cover/compete with Max, Pearson said as much last week.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Selred said:

From what I’ve heard, club had offered him a contract on reduced terms (similar to a lot of other players), and Bents wanted more than he’s currently on. 
Expect him to get the pay he wanted at Wolves, maybe play a few Prem games, we save £350-400k on wages, plus a fee.

How business should be done. Good on City, and Max is already number 1 so less change to our team.

Yep, what I heard too.  I don’t blame him for asking, but it shows a bit of ignorance of the current climate and our predicament and / or a case of forcing our hand.  That’s football, no ill towards him at all, contracts work both ways.

Seems like a great outcome for him, PL club.  Will be interested to see what length of deal he gets.

Being a bit ruthless with Bents vs Brum has allowed Nige to run the rule over O’Leary, and imho he has passed the test.  Will be interesting to see what we do in this window and the summer.

Could we try to get Collins in from Barnsley, ie bring forward summer plans.  He’s OOC, we can likely offer him a better deal.  Or is a a short term fix as Bajic becomes the bona fide no2 next season.

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Cost cutting and not signing a contract are to sides of the same coin. We can no longer offer the wages he wants in his contract.

Honestly this is potentially some very good relegation preparation by Wolves. Sign a cheap experienced Championship goalkeeper with stats in the top ten of keepers in the division. Simultaneously send your young lad on loan to the Championship. Then if you go down and have to sell your current main man you've got a ready made no.1 and a no.2 who's already cut his teeth. 

Nice little fee and when saving for us. Win win.

Depends on what stats you use. Sure I read a stat saying this season for us he was averaging more than 2 goals conceded per game yet since Max came in it has gone to lower than 1.5.

Not sure if I was a Wolves fan, I'd be excited about him. Those stats aren't exactly Championship standard let alone Prem.

• Like 2