IGNORED

Dan Bentley to Wolves - Confirmed

weepywall

49 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Backs up with a few of us have heard.

Two things, maybe it’s just me but why does the reporter here say Stoke are “likely” to make a contribution towards his wages? There is zero point in this for us in this otherwise, a very negative slant.

Secondly be interested to see if we replace him or simply promote Bajic to back up, guess it will be the latter.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Two things, maybe it’s just me but why does the reporter here say Stoke are “likely” to make a contribution towards his wages? There is zero point in this for us in this otherwise, a very negative slant.

Secondly be interested to see if we replace him or simply promote Bajic to back up, guess it will be the latter.

Bents on loan to them & josh Laurent on loan to us …… I’d take that

33 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I was thinking the same Graham. They have to pay a loan fee or help out with wages, or we're literally just strengthening a rival with no incentive for us. I like to think 'likely to contribute to his wages' should read 'WILL contribute to his wages', or I'd tell them to sod off. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Would have thought that if Bentley goes we stick with O'Leary and Bajic as 1 and 2, with Wiles-Richards the number 3.

Don’t know what’s going on with Wiles-Richards, after 1 game for Hereford he hasn’t featured again.

Not sure if he picked up a knock or they didn’t rate him, we do have Buse (down at Yeovil) as well, of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

He isn't that much better than Max, if at all, to warrant his cost to us.

I think he is a lot better. 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Or, loaning out a player on very high wages, demanding even higher wages for a new deal, who isn’t even in the first 11. Loan out one not playing, to help fund us loaning one in who can improve us. 

I hope that is the case, because imo O'Leary isn't good enough. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Or, loaning out a player on very high wages, demanding even higher wages for a new deal, who isn’t even in the first 11. Loan out one not playing, to help fund us loaning one in who can improve us. 

Absolutely, the penny still hasn’t dropped for some, has it?

How do they suggest we fund strengthening the squad otherwise?

We can’t start February with our current one & be confident of easily avoiding the bottom three.

We have players like HNM happy to sit their current deal out, if we can move any on in order to facilitate change it can only be a good thing.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Without this igniting the whole Bentley vs Max debate for the millionth time, this is good business. He isn't playing, he isn't going to get back into the team, he's a high earner, we have Bajic as backup. Makes perfect logical and financial sense. Good deal. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Don’t know what’s going on with Wiles-Richards, after 1 game for Hereford he hasn’t featured again.

Not sure if he picked up a knock or they didn’t rate him, we do have Buse (down at Yeovil) as well, of course.

Ah forgot that Wiles-Richards had gone on loan. Casa-Grande is a keeper as well isn't he?

Perhaps we're not quite as well stocked in the youth goalkeeper dept as I remembered.

26 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Don't strengthen a rival 

Im not sure we are strengthening them if he was to go there. He talks a good game, but when it comes to actually doing it on the pitch hes very up and down. I thought we were getting one of the best keepers in the championship when he signed, but hes average, and gets paid too much money for it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Im not sure we are strengthening them if he was to go there. He talks a good game, but when it comes to actually doing it on the pitch hes very up and down. I thought we were getting one of the best keepers in the championship when he signed, but hes average, and gets paid too much money for it.

Agreed 

On 07/01/2023 at 12:44, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Bentley to Palace isn't that far fetched, Leicester have Alex Smithies as their third choice

It is because it’s not even a rumour, someone just made a guess because palace have lost a keeper.

Why would Bentley, at 29 in his prime, want to sit on a bench as 3rd choice? Carson, Butland etc at least have gone to teams that win silverware.

Butland hasn’t been the same since injury, shame as he was going into a World Cup probably as number one.

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

He isn't that much better than Max, if at all, to warrant his cost to us.

Bentley was a future England keeper according to some on here 

• Haha 1

Just tried doing a stats check on Bentleys time with us, I got the following:

142 appearances (all comps)

30 clean sheets

188 goals conceded.

Just for comparison, over the same time period:

Bartosz Bialkowski (Millwall)

154 appearances

51 clean sheets

161 goals conceded.

It may not seem like a huge difference from a statistical perspective. But it highlights the small margins that make the difference in this division. 

Millwall aren’t a team that score lots of goals, but their stable defence and keeper are what makes them a top half team each year.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1