IGNORED

Scott Murray - Testimonial

Dredd

Totally agree that a testimonial is in order. Not only was he a superb player for us as the OP said he’s a great ambassador for our club & indeed for Bristol.  I’m sure that we can all recount stories of Scott’s kindness & a testimonial would be a great opportunity for us to recognise his contribution to our club & Bristol as raised thousands for charity.

About time someone did something nice for Scott so let’s make this happen. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

This sort of sums Scott up. In the old Club Shop days I wandered in and, for whatever reason, Scott was there loitering in the shadows of a far aisle. Being of the City era when the crowd was introduced to the players, Scott must have recognised me from his playing days.

Now most ex-players would have moved on without so much as a second glance. Not Scott. A beaming smile, and acknowledgement as if I had been a lifelong friend. 

Top man and a true Bristol City legend (he might have had wind though, but that would have ruined my fan experience).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Would have thought Villa would be the sensible option

He’s a big Liverpool fan, after City of course! He had a trial at Liverpool, seem to remember it being at the same time we played Liverpool in the cup. His trial went well, Tinnion scored, Souness got sacked & that was the end of that! COYR 

• Like 2

I Remember meeting hlm in the Works many moons ago and offering him the chance to play in goal for our exceptionally shite 5 aside team. I was going to ask Coles to play but he was to busy ogling some grilf! Now I think we were both the worst for wear, but he seemed up for the challenge :)

He has got to be one of the most likable guys I have met, just shading Kevin Nugent as one of the most approachable affable guys to have pulled on the shirt for City.

Top man,  top player  just as well we had some cracking players dropping raking ball from the left into feet or for him to run onto, he picked the right era to join Ciry to make the most of his game.

It didn't take him long to realise reading was shite!

• Like 2

He was great for us on the pitch , but also people in the know will also agree he is probably even better for the club off the pitch ( and that’s saying a lot ) I sure he evens does things for charity involving the blue few . 
must be one of the most popular and talented kit men in all 4 divisions.

you can tell how well he gets on with the current players .

remember being in Alicante airport a fair few years ago . Flight back to Bristol delayed for 3-4 hours city had been training over there somewhere) la manga perhaps ) he spent the whole 3 hours sat with me & my mrs chatting football whilst a lot of the other players swanned around the airport doing I’m a footballer look . Brought us a drink and was top notch. 
either a top bloke or fancied my mrs ?.

looking at her I reckon he’s a top bloke ??

• Haha 8

34 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I certainly think an OBE or whatever is appropriate in these circumstances should happen 

Well he certainly ticks a lot of the boxes mentioned.

Hopefully someone who’s maybe benefited directly from his kindness in the community and is better with words than me has/will nominate him.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Top bloke, everything pretty much said on that video.

A week ago my brother was walking his dog through the city ground, and past Scott. Ken is a medium large untrained husky/rotweiller cross. He jumps up at Scott barking, and Scott quips 'he's just like my ex-wife'. 'He's better looking than your ex-wife though.' says my brother. "You're right there." replies #LegendScottyM.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Haha 1

Bloke is an absolute legend. Many moons ago when I managed a junior team, he came  and did our presentation. Stayed longer than we expected or than he needed to. Spoke to everyone, signed autographs and had pictures taken. 
Top, top bloke 

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 2

He does so much for so many other people. 

I just hope there are people supporting him daily. Making sure he's ok. Putting an arm around him, asking whether he's ok, and whether he needs support or anything. 

It often gets forgotten when people have a happy outward demeanor and are selfless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1