IGNORED

Stoke City at home match thread

I've steadfastly supported Pearson and the challenges he's faced with constrained ability to make signings, but the January transfer window really does feel pivotal. Without some quality additions, this really is shaping up for a relegation battle.
The board need to make some money available (even if it's through offloading some "star players") or let Pearson go.

Edited by Sturgess
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

I think we will have enough to stay in this division, but Pearson can’t get any kind of consistency out of this group of players.

I miss those 8 league game winning runs

We showed enough in parts of that match to stay up. But terrible defending again has let us down. Special mention for Pring, who had a decent match

• Like 1

Early Christmas present for Stoke as we go back to our league one defending again.

Utterly soft goals against a team that offered little else.

You can complain about the ref or Stoke's antics but the bottom line is we threw the game away today.

Giving away pathetic goals needs to stop and needs to stop yesterday.

I hope Atkinson and Kalas are back soon.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Sturgess said:

I've steadfastly supported Pearson and the challenges he's faced with constrained ability to make signings, but the January transfer window really does feel pivotal. Without some quality additions, this really is shaping up for a relegation battle.
The board need to make some money available (even if it's through offloading some "star players") or let Pearson go.

Star players , not many out there today .

conway & Scott decent , that’s it 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

As I’ve said before, I can throw around suggestions but that isn’t my job. Surely you don’t truely believe this is the best this squad of players can do!?

I cannot believe people still believe the current performance and form over the last 6-12 months is acceptable. 

Who are the alternatives you’d suggest out of interest? And available without a fee or for very little. 

Just now, Northern Red said:

Yeah. Probably shouldn't count it then.

Not even sure why you want him gone when you'll only turn on the next one after about 6 games.

All joking aside and I know I play up a bit on here, but seriously - you cannot honestly think this is the best we should be hoping for? You don’t honestly think there arnt managers out there who could get a better tune out of these players?

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Not a great deal to be positive about today NR.

I'm not one to ask for the Manager's head but strong questions need to be asked now. It was a terrible 'performance'.

We could be in trouble, sadly.

I haven't defended the performance.

My question is why certain people were nowhere to be seen after a win last week yet are all over it like a dose of the clap today.

• Like 7