IGNORED

Pearson

redsocks

Why does pearson play players out of position.as they say there are players for positions. Why does he play king when Atkinson sits on the bench.why does he like playing anyone at right back who are not right backs but we have 2 sat on the bench.oleary does not command his Box hence costing us the first goal today.and please mr pearson stop playing around at goal kicks and get it up the field the reason is we are not good enough.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Not sure what has happened re Atkinson. Did he have a bad game before the break? He was part of the Lincoln shocker but I didn’t think he was the worst performer that night. Has he come back after the break not in great shape? Who knows. I assumed he was just ill but on Radio Bristol after the match Pearson made it very clear that he trusts King over Atkinson so there is something going on there. 

The Pearson grudges are so exhausting. After the game he’s made a comment along the lines of ‘if I’m playing King there you know what I think of the other CB’s’. Basically saying he has no faith in Klose and Atkinson, both of whom are tidy centre backs. Not perfect - but perfect players don’t play at this level.

It feels like if you played for Leicester under Pearson - you could give away two penalties and crap in the centre circle - you’re still not getting criticised or dropped. Anyone else - you’re a bad half away from exile.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redsocks said:

Why does pearson play players out of position.as they say there are players for positions. Why does he play king when Atkinson sits on the bench.why does he like playing anyone at right back who are not right backs but we have 2 sat on the bench.oleary does not command his Box hence costing us the first goal today.and please mr pearson stop playing around at goal kicks and get it up the field the reason is we are not good enough.

His latest comments around King playing centre half, and not trusting Atkinson - I hope is the final nail in his coffin 

Absolute car crash of an interview 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Great another Pearson out thread. By the way Max was not at fault for the first goal and we didn't play with either a right back or left back so not sure what your point is re that position.

Errr... the OP is not doing a Pearson out thread. It's criticism and questioning or is that now also not allowed about St. Nigel????

8 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

The Pearson grudges are so exhausting. After the game he’s made a comment along the lines of ‘if I’m playing King there you know what I think of the other CB’s’. Basically saying he has no faith in Klose and Atkinson, both of whom are tidy centre backs. Not perfect - but perfect players don’t play at this level.

It feels like if you played for Leicester under Pearson - you could give away two penalties and crap in the centre circle - you’re still not getting criticised or dropped. Anyone else - you’re a bad half away from exile.

The " you can't criticise a manager with one of the worst records in BCFC history " is not just exhausting- it's pathetic .

• Like 4

I’ve just heard the post-match interview with Radio Bristol. It’s bizarre that after todays performance, it’s Atkinson that he was ranting about…

At the start of the season, Nige stated that he wanted to work with a smaller squad, we now have that. And yet, the number of players who are regularly left out of the match day squad is growing each week.

some players are certainly not in favour:

- Bentley, twice been dropped as the Number 1. Remains in match day squad.

- Massengo, contractual reasons are keeping him out of the match day squad.

- Klose, left out of the squad regularly.

- Atkinson, the latest to be left out.

Dasilva, Vyner, Pring and O’Leary are examples of those who have all worked themselves back into the squad. 

As the man in the supposed “hot seat”, when is the heat going to be turned up on Pearson’s rear end? Today’s performance was a shocker. Large numbers of supporters leaving well before the end, a lot of booing, and nobody wanting to clap the players off. A bad home defeat against West Brom on Boxing Day is on the cards, given the relative current form of the 2 teams, and things could get a lot more toxic at the Gate by then. Expecting a very small crowd for the FA Cup game against Swansea and generally little enthusiasm and a lot of disillusionment amongst most fans on the basis of different manager, different players, same s**t! The only constant is the ownership, hence the questions now being raised in some quarters.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Errr... the OP is not doing a Pearson out thread. It's criticism and questioning or is that now also not allowed about St. Nigel????

The " you can't criticise a manager with one of the worst records in BCFC history " is not just exhausting- it's pathetic .

By ‘Pearson grudges’ I meant Pearson’s grudges against players, hence the rest of my post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

His latest comments around King playing centre half, and not trusting Atkinson - I hope is the final nail in his coffin 

Absolute car crash of an interview 

Wasn’t a great interview (that part of it), agreed…but what if that is what he feels?  Maybe he should’ve lied?  He obviously felt the same last week when we won?  Based on his comments today, it Appears that Atkinson only made the 18 last week because Vyner and Dasilva were ill.  So all he’s done this week is bring them both back in for Atkinson and Kadji.

FWIW I’d have Atkinson starting, but I don’t know what is going on.

16 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Dasilva, Vyner, Pring and O’Leary are examples of those who have all worked themselves back into the squad. 

Maybe that’s what he’s trying to do with Atkinson.  He’s said many times before that players not included are because they aren’t doing better than ones who are in the 18.  Is this any different.

25 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

What I sometimes find a bit pathetic is someone shouting down someone trying to rationalise a different opinion with sarcastic comments like “you can’t criticise…”, because I don’t think anyone trying to support Nige has ever said he’s beyond criticism.  But it is fine to reach a different conclusion and give reasons why.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

As the man in the supposed “hot seat”, when is the heat going to be turned up on Pearson’s rear end? Today’s performance was a shocker. Large numbers of supporters leaving well before the end, a lot of booing, and nobody wanting to clap the players off. A bad home defeat against West Brom on Boxing Day is on the cards, given the relative current form of the 2 teams, and things could get a lot more toxic at the Gate by then. Expecting a very small crowd for the FA Cup game against Swansea and generally little enthusiasm and a lot of disillusionment amongst most fans on the basis of different manager, different players, same s**t! The only constant is the ownership, hence the questions now being raised in some quarters.

was it?  We defended poorly twice and got punished.  It wasn’t a great game, but we weren’t shocking at all imho.  We created a lot of chances, decent chances, we didn’t take them.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

What I sometimes find a bit pathetic is someone shouting down someone trying to rationalise a different opinion with sarcastic comments like “you can’t criticise…”, because I don’t think anyone trying to support Nige has ever said he’s beyond criticism.  But it is fine to reach a different conclusion and give reasons why.

Dave- it's like groundhog day. If you can't see that criticism of Nige has and is not aggressively contested then you're reading a different forum.

• Like 1

I for one have been someone who’s thought Pearson knew what he was doing more times than not - and a bit like Kane’s missed penalty at the World Cup - there are times when the Manager can’t be blamed for the players on the pitch.

But today’s interview has me thinking that he is absolutely to blame for those actually playing on the pitch, and for the tactics they employ.  This first half was so awful - yes we scored and from the one great move of the half Weimann hit the post - but we were so slow and didn’t have any imagination to break down another Alex Neil team.

We conceded such a soft goal that I’m sure Atkinson deals with - yet Pearson insists on playing one of his favourites out of position!  If he loses ‘trust’ with O’Leary will we see either King or James in goal??

Pearson’s comments after the match about who he trusted showed that perhaps his man management skills just aren’t up to Championship football - so perhaps his days are really numbered!

With a win today we would have been 4 Points off the playoffs where as we are now only 3 pts above the bottom 3 with a resurgent West Brom next up.

Think carefully Mr Lansdown - as you may need to act sooner rather than later!

• Like 6
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

was it?  We defended poorly twice and got punished.  It wasn’t a great game, but we weren’t shocking at all imho.  We created a lot of chances, decent chances, we didn’t take them.

I agree it was far from a shocker.

I thought we were a far better team than Stoke. However they found a way to win a game where we should have got a minimum of one point. The goal on ht was the key point. Without that I think we were comfortable winners. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Dave- it's like groundhog day. If you can't see that criticism of Nige has and is not aggressively contested then you're reading a different forum.

Really?  Please point me in the direction of aggressive posts of this nature.  I haven’t read MDT though.

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It’s contested as folk have different views. That doesn’t make mean those contesting are aggressive or happy clappers/NP acolytes, just different views. Personally think there’s more lazy “happy clappers” posts from those who want NP out, than aggressive defenders of NP. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We played well for 15-20 mins first half. Yes we had a go the last ten mins but for an hour of that game we were dreadful.

4 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

I agree it was far from a shocker.

I thought we were a far better team than Stoke. However they found a way to win a game where we should have got a minimum of one point. The goal on ht was the key point. Without that I think we were comfortable winners. 

Totally agree the 10 mins before half time when the team ( not Pearson ) let them dictate the game after we had scored and were having our best part of the game .I thought our players got lazy complacent and were just drifting towards a nice half time cuppa , then they score ,suddenly it’s a different game . Stoke didn’t beat us today we beat ourselves 

• Like 4

Just now, Super said:

We played well for 15-20 mins first half. Yes we had a go the last ten mins but for an hour of that game we were dreadful.

I think there’s a huge difference between neither side having a foothold / control / dominance like today for periods of time…and that meaning City were dreadful in those periods.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

The questions around SL’s poor stewardship are certainly not recent but literally go back years.

it begins to look a possibility that in 2023/24 we shall be back where we started when SL took over decades ago.  How can he have spent so much money and got us nowhere.  We need new blood at the top.  I still feel sorry for NP asked to fashion a silk purse out of a sow’s ear

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

The questions around SL’s poor stewardship are certainly not recent but literally go back years.

it begins to look a possibility that in 2023/24 we shall be back where we started when SL took over decades ago.  How can he have spent so much money and got us nowhere.  We need new blood at the top.  I still feel sorry for NP asked to fashion a silk purse out of a sow’s ear

So far looks more like pork scratchings than a silk purse!

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Maybe that’s what he’s trying to do with Atkinson.  He’s said many times before that players not included are because they aren’t doing better than ones who are in the 18.  Is this any different.

Pearson has got a reaction from some players before, however this time it feels slightly different.

I personally would have Atkinson starting every week. Has he done much wrong? Certainly not from what I’ve seen.

There were hints of frustration last season, when Atkinson was ill, I remember Pearson making a comment back then about “not wanting to battle through” or along those lines.

My concern is that this close to the Jan window, would Pearson see Atkinson as a saleable asset? I would be disappointed if so. 

His later comments in the interview about January were also interesting. “Things that I cannot discuss in a post-match press conference”.

I can see him trying to get a few out the door, this transfer window. Bentley, Massengo and one value sale (Semenyo etc). I also think Klose may have his contract terminated, if a replacement is available.

I think he has come to the realisation that he has to spend money to improve this squad. Free agents and free transfers won’t cut it. Otherwise he will lose his job.

People forget that he has only been able to spend money on two players; Atkinson and Tanner. All other players were free (excusing Kane Wilson - tribunal).

• Like 1