IGNORED

ADAM BAKER

50 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

He didn’t “mark Keinan Davis out of the game.” Watford were rubbish that day. King did fine, in fairness, but wasn’t tested as a defender. Now he is being tested we’re seeing he’s not a centre back, astonishingly.

Its funny when we do well against a team they are rubbish but when a team does well against us we are rubbish. There seems to be no correlation between the fact that Watford were rubbish because we defended so well

• Like 5

17 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

And again, as usual huge support for Rovers on their travels.

I think they must think we're all thick or something.

Yes, he's been around a long time and he does his job,  but bigging up Rovers is something he really likes to do, believe me.

It would be interesting to know if he does actually favour any of the Bristol sides.

Well of course he does, we are everybody's favourite other team.

• Haha 2

A couple of points from me:

1) Atkinson’s best form came when he was deployed to the left of Naismith earlier in the season. I see no reason why Atkinson couldn’t reach those levels again not Naismith is fit. 

2) Apologies if this has been mentioned already, and certainly no disrespect to Ali Durden, but Nige has gone on record saying he “wants defenders who can defend”, so there’s an obvious question he should’ve asked regarding King’s selection. King is not, and never will be, a CB. 

• Like 3

I don't have an issue as such with Pearson's response.

It more falls down to a poor judgement call if he really trusted King more than Atkinson. 

The organisation of our defence has been terrible for a long time (even before Pearson).

Strangely Nigel often seems to not do anything about it. Ie:

The insistence that "we have to play 3 at the back"

Playing strikers at wing back

Selecting King over either Klose or Atkinson when available

Frequently changing keepers..

There's a long list of questionable decisions

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Super said:

A low level of performance. Pearson is the only person who would pick King ahead of Atkinson at CB

Nige is sending Atkinson a message - up your game or I’ll continue to leave you out - it’s very simple.

I sure Nige has explained that personally to RA - something along the lines of “impress at training and I’ll consider you”

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nige is sending Atkinson a message - up your game or I’ll continue to leave you out - it’s very simple.

I sure Nige has explained that personally to RA - something along the lines of “impress at training and I’ll consider you”

CoD always shone in training…:fear:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RonWalker said:

I wouldn't call him very open. He tells Ali he's not asking the right question, then when he asks directly why Atkinson isn't in the squad, gives what to me comes across as quite a smart Alec retort, which beyond stating the bleeding obvious certainly isn't insightful. 

"Why's Rob Atkinson not in the squad?"

"Because other players are ahead of him. Simple as that. There you go."

Even when pressed further, he will only mention trust, and then talk indirectly about players not being selected rather than Atkinson in particular.

If he genuinely had any intention of answering the question he'd tried to cajole Ali into asking, he definitely would've done it with those two answers.

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

There speaketh an actual journo! ?

I’m with @GrahamC, I wouldn’t be picking King at CB, assuming Atkinson is fit and ready to play, but it’s also very easy to ignore the two previous games where he played a full part in 4 points from those games including an elusive clean sheet against a very good side (on paper).  In saying that I don’t forget Birmingham (a) either, but that was in a shit team performance.  So in summary we are gonna get a bit of a mixed bag from King playing there.

The question for Nige is whether that mixed bag is better than anyone else’s mixed bag, because nobody has been consistent this season.  Perversely, Atkinson has probably been the steadiest / most consistent.  But “at the mo” (Nige quote) he’s not ahead of others.

I think it’s a big fuss…not over nothing admittedly, but still a big fuss.

• Like 2

Man management requires a different approach to different players.  I suspect Atkinson is a confidence player arm round the shoulder player rather than someone who will respond to Pearson publicly airing his lack of trust in the player.  Scott and Conway highlighted he came out of his shell after scoring which shows he is a confidence player.  He has had some decent performances this season and added goals to his game - something we have missed since Flint's prolific seasons.  

I suspect part of the issue is that Pearson favours Naismith on the left due to a few gifts to the opposition in central defence.  Quite rightly he wants Naismith in the team and just doesn't feel Atkinson is vocal enough to play centrally.  There is also the fact that Pearson will be, quite rightly,  grumpy after a defeat (or should I say more grumpy) so these post-match interviews are going to throw up some answers such as the recent one which he probably wouldn't give when in a less 'heat of the moment' mood.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

There speaketh an actual journo! ?

I’m with @GrahamC, I wouldn’t be picking King at CB, assuming Atkinson is fit and ready to play, but it’s also very easy to ignore the two previous games where he played a full part in 4 points from those games including an elusive clean sheet against a very good side (on paper).  In saying that I don’t forget Birmingham (a) either, but that was in a shit team performance.  So in summary we are gonna get a bit of a mixed bag from King playing there.

The question for Nige is whether that mixed bag is better than anyone else’s mixed bag, because nobody has been consistent this season.  Perversely, Atkinson has probably been the steadiest / most consistent.  But “at the mo” (Nige quote) he’s not ahead of others.

I think it’s a big fuss…not over nothing admittedly, but still a big fuss.

I actually think Pearson is displaying that classic human tendency that when you suspect you've dropped a clanger, double-down on it (more in an attempt to convince yourself than others) and then react defensively with anger if you are pressed over the error you've made.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I actually think Pearson is displaying that classic human tendency that when you suspect you've dropped a clanger, double-down on it (more in an attempt to convince yourself than others) and then react defensively with anger if you are pressed over the error you've made.

You could be right.  We need to see this play out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

He isn't the only one who needs to up his game though Pearson included.

• Hmmm 1

Maybe that someone recognises a defensive shortfall and believes themself to be undroppable and took the mick as far as training and other aspects were concerned and the Manager decided he needed to remind people that players aren't managing.

No evidence for this, just putting out the suggestion.