IGNORED

Could the unthinkable happen?

Clutton Caveman

8 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

You very much remind me of Donald Trump. Keep spouting the same nonsense over and over again, even when others provide definitive proof that you're wrong.

For clarity:

Screenshot_20221222-114216-078.png

Yes, but apart from having more shots both on & off target, more possession, more corners, a huge territorial advantage, winning more tackles & a greater accuracy of passing, how does any of that count when compared to some conspiracy theory fantasist who wants to keep repeatedly lying based on what he claims to remember?

Boring but we simply lost a very tight game to a wonder goal whilst one of our key defenders was incapacitated by a freak injury.

It was a spin of the coin that unfortunately came down against us, nothing more.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Cardiff have lost 6 of their last 10, winning just 2.

And as they've not paid the Sala money (as ordered to by CAS) they will be under a transfer embargo in January. I believe they are appealing to the Swiss Federal Court, but until that is settled FIFA will not allow them to register new players.

41 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, but apart from having more shots both on & off target, more possession, more corners, a huge territorial advantage, winning more tackles & a greater accuracy of passing, how does any of that count when compared to some conspiracy theory fantasist who wants to keep repeatedly lying based on what he claims to remember?

Boring but we simply lost a very tight game to a wonder goal whilst one of our key defenders was incapacitated by a freak injury.

It was a spin of the coin that unfortunately came down against us, nothing more.

If my memory serves we also lost McCombe not long before the game, which I think made a difference. All in all thought we were slightly the better side and were unlucky to lose.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Calculus said:

If my memory serves we also lost McCombe not long before the game, which I think made a difference. All in all thought we were slightly the better side and were unlucky to lose.

He was ill overnight, so Fontaine came in, a very good player back then but not remotely a like for like replacement. By the half hour mark we had in effect lost 2 first choice defenders.

People make up all sorts of nonsense over the midsts of time but your recollection is spot on, a tight game that we were on the wrong side of, but were marginally the better side.

Edited by GrahamC

Stats are in the eye of the beholder and I don’t recall seeing a their ‘keeper make a save all game but according to the stats City had four shots on target. That’s complete nonsense………….:cool2:

No surprise that the pundits and the media described that play off final as the most dreary one they’d ever seen.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Stats are in the eye of the beholder and I don’t recall seeing a their ‘keeper make a save all game but according to the stats City had four shots on target. That’s complete nonsense………….:cool2:

No surprise that the pundits and the media described that play off final as the most dreary one they’d ever seen.

It was City who had 4 shots on target, but Hull City. We had 6, you appear to be struggling to read?

The most dreary playoff final of all time must surely have been Bristol City 0 Brighton 1, with the only goal (& probable shot) coming from a late Leon Knight penalty.

That was one game I’d be very confident that we didn’t have a single shot on target, I would imagine that referrals to Dignitas must have rocketed after that snooze fest, who was in charge of us then?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The defeat to Brighton ranks with "that" Twerton defeat in my all time lows following City. It was as if the players were unaware it was such a big game. The game v Hull saw very few clear cut chances but we were at least equal, if not the better side.  We started really well & Carle & big Dele had half chances but then Brad got crocked & Windass scored a screamer.

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Here you go: 

Keeper makes a save 4 minutes and 20 seconds in to the game.

You're welcome:cool2:

Edited by PhilC
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No surprise that the pundits and the media described that play off final as the most dreary one they’d ever seen.**

No, stats are fact, not subjective.

**Citation needed.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Stats are complied by people so by that fact they can be subjective. Not in a million years did City have 6 shots on target - there were none! The Hull keeper never had a save to make.

You said we had none.  Given the guidance given to the stats “keepers”, do you think they made 6 subjective errors.

@Hamdon Martperhaps you could give him the Opta definition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Stats are complied by people so by that fact they can be subjective. Not in a million years did City have 6 shots on target - there were none! The Hull keeper never had a save to make.

You have conveniently ignored my post. Don't worry I thought you would, so here's another example of a save for you. I have even done it in sequence just so that we can be sure we are on the same page to what a save is.

Screenshot_20221222_170234_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221222_170235_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221222_170237_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221222_170238_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221222_170411_YouTube.jpg

• Hmmm 1

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

I reckon Santa Claus is more real than you. At least he only bullshits kids 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Calculus said:

I came out of the ground after the game not too despondent thinking it will be our turn soon, if only I had known then what I know now though with hindsight I'm glad I didn't. 

33 minutes ago, pillred said:

I came out of the ground after the game not too despondent thinking it will be our turn soon, if only I had known then what I know now though with hindsight I'm glad I didn't. 

I came out of the ground quite despondent naturally, but took it on the chin. However, I very soon realised that unfortunately, we may have well missed a golden opportunity to reach the dizzy heights for a long time. 

And here we are.

• Like 2

Don't know why anyone is   worried?              He's playing last seasons top scorer at wing back, a midfielder at centre back, we constantly concede soft goals through error's, he has thrown his record signing under the bus and our two star players, and potential financial saviours careers are going backwards?     And he has only had two years to sort it out.............Merry Xmas...........Ha!  ?

Edited by maxjak

On 22/12/2022 at 16:02, Davefevs said:

You said we had none.  Given the guidance given to the stats “keepers”, do you think they made 6 subjective errors.

@Hamdon Martperhaps you could give him the Opta definition.

Sorry, have only just spotted this Dave.

It's probably the wrong time of the year to ask such a question as everyone in the office is flat out over Christmas but a couple of points... firstly, a shot on target doesn't have to be saved by the keeper; it can be blocked by a defender (or indeed, a team mate!). Secondly, the in-ground analyst will call it "off target" or "on target" and this will be reviewed by two analysts in the office almost immediately. It will then be reviewed later on too by someone else so AFAIAA, four people.

I obviously didn't see the game you are referring to but the fact that four people would have reviewed all the attempts on goal during the match and then calculated whether they were on or off target tends to suggest that the published stats are pretty safe to use. 

• Like 1