IGNORED

Never seen this before..

Sweeneys Penalties

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Why surprised?. The younger among us wouldn't have been around at the time. And the older among us don't remember what happened on Saturday?

??? True ...however it's had 27000 views, so I presumed many on here would be aware of it. 

I'm in the latter...can't remember last week, but can remember everything I did as a kid. Nuts innit ???

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Lots of goals from crosses, and lovely pitches. Not sure about the soundtrack though.

Youtube has thrown me straight in to 'Bristol City , the Glory Years'. Are you one of the talking heads at the start? If so let us all know.

No. I stumbled all over this clip this afternoon when one of my colleagues was boring me shitless and I was just agreeing with everything she was whining about. Some great memories in there...Norman's free kick made me grin. Poignantly it all ends with the Big Cheese...in more ways than one

• Like 1

Loved the packed terraces ,

didn’t realise how good Tom Ritchie was in the air ,

And as for the big cheese we will never know how good he was going to be .Really is a top bloke to but like Scott always has time to speak to you and very good when you have a prawn sandwich experience with his compareing 

Brilliant memories of a team that the fans were genuinely massively proud of.  Our current side could learn so much from them.  

Those highlights show players who could actually cross the ball, shoot from distance, defend with tenacity and battle for every ball all over the pitch and actually make the opposition work for anything they got.

We didn’t have the top individuals, but as a team we were great and never gave anyone an easy ride, or not “turn up” as we regularly see with our current side.  

Anyone playing Bristol City in those First Division days knew they’d have a tough game and if we did lose, it was usually by a narrow margin, even against the top sides.

Happy days!!!

• Like 1

Loved that.

How is it I can remember Joe Royle’s goal against Liverpool like it was yesterday, sitting on the wall at the front of the enclosure. But I can barely remember goals scored this season.

One thing I miss is the teams running our separately, created a proper us v them atmosphere 

• Like 1