IGNORED

Time Since Last Bristol City Penalty

JackiDziekanowski

A tale of two penalties. Others can put the clips back together again but that Sunderland account deleted it for some reason.

Now personally I don't think ours was and the same with Sunderland's, but if one is both are.

The one that tbh was maybe maybe maybe not v Watford in November. No penalty.

Set against Sunderland's today. Fry was the last man so the straight red makes sense but the penalty calls are remarkably similar. One was given...

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A tale of two penalties. Others can put the clips back together again but that Sunderland account deleted it for some reason.

Now personally I don't think ours was and the same with Sunderland's, but if one is both are.

The one that tbh was maybe maybe maybe not v Watford in November. No penalty.

Set against Sunderland's today. Fry was the last man so the straight red makes sense but the penalty calls are remarkably similar. One was given...

Nowhere near the box for a start 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Just found this brilliant thread…

I’d argue 80% of those are stonewallers…

Some stonewall, some more subjective. However even with the subjective ones, you'd normally expect to get at least a couple of them purely by law of averages.

Also eagerly awaiting one of the usual contrarians to come on and explain that every single one of those was correctly not given, because reasons.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Some stonewall, some more subjective. However even with the subjective ones, you'd normally expect to get at least a couple of them purely by law of averages.

Also eagerly awaiting one of the usual contrarians to come on and explain that every single one of those was correctly not given, because reasons.

Your first comment is accurate. 

Yes with your second comment, in respect of one or two. Luckily I’m not paying them between 8 and 5. 

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

2) it’s not scientific to use lines from feet. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Exactly, it’s the furthest forward point of his body that is able to be used in the act of goalscoring.  If his hand was ahead of the defender but the rest of his arm / body was behind it would be onside because you can’t score with your hand.  A defenders hand can be used as a goal can be deflected off of a hand.  Bell’s body is ahead of his feet, so the line must be drawn vertically down…and therefore he is just ahead of the RB marking Wells.  Offside!

Yeah that was what I was trying to say above - close, but you can imagine the VAR would be something like this!

image.png.b8f088ce91c1781aec706c3ba02b712d.png 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A Darkwood Red said:

Just listened to it, shame it also involved those two welsh idiots Elis James and John Robins, theirs is the worst program on British Radio bar none

At least James is a proper football fan and has some insight into what being a diehard fan of a perennially underachieving club is all about. I quite like him TBF.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Olé said:

I made a site that pulls data automatically every day from across Europe so you can see the very latest view of how bad our penalty record actually is. Sorry.

http://nopen.co.uk

Excellent work @Olé

This highlights it beautifully, the first graph is staggering in particular. What was that stat where we were rhe worst in Europe's top however many Leagues over a given period. Possibly per expected goals and this was a year ago!

Send it to Dean Eldredge maybe if you haven't already, NP's agent seemed interested online in the last week or 2 (Twitter).

Was just having a read of a Reddit thread on this. Some of the ignorance of wilful ignorance of fans of clubs comparing penalty records is laughable..

Examples- LEAGUE ONLY

Reading fan bemoaning a lack of pens

2021-22...4 for.

2022-23...7 and counting.

Had they played like a cross between Fulham last year, Burnley this year, Bielsa Leeds and Nuno Wolves then maybe but they're nothing like that, they're probably in a similar rate or creation to us over this and last season.

Blackpool fan bemoaning a lack of pens

2021-22...7 for.

2022-23...1 and counting.

I think they are not a terrible side to watch and under Critchley were decent but 7:1 fold??

Luton fan bemoaning a lack of pens

2021-22...6 for.

2022-22...1 and counting.

I wasn't aware Luton were sharp and creative, they have their moments but by some metrics they were very similar to us last year albeit maybe some good runners.

It's one thing not to know ours but to plead poverty for their own when being spectacularly wrong?? ? ?

• Like 1

May as well also update:

League only

in 58 games and counting.

All competitive games

in 65 games and counting.

Days since last one to present

457 days and counting.

Let alone the longer records of League and Cup, gap between, last since home, last since we got one in front of home fans etc.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was just having a read of a Reddit thread on this. Some of the ignorance of wilful ignorance of fans of clubs comparing penalty records is laughable..

Examples- LEAGUE ONLY

Reading fan bemoaning a lack of pens

2021-22...4 for.

2022-23...7 and counting.

Had they played like a cross between Fulham last year, Burnley this year, Bielsa Leeds and Nuno Wolves then maybe but they're nothing like that, they're probably in a similar rate or creation to us over this and last season.

Blackpool fan bemoaning a lack of pens

2021-22...7 for.

2022-23...1 and counting.

I think they are not a terrible side to watch and under Critchley were decent but 7:1 fold??

Luton fan bemoaning a lack of pens

2021-22...6 for.

2022-22...1 and counting.

I wasn't aware Luton were sharp and creative, they have their moments but by some metrics they were very similar to us last year albeit maybe some good runners.

It's one thing not to know ours but to plead poverty for their own when being spectacularly wrong?? ? ?

The latest Reading pen was soft for a push on Shane long and typifies the penalties we don't get. 

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

May as well also update:

League only

All competitive games

457 days and counting.

Let alone the longer records of League and Cup, gap between, last since home, last since we got one in front of home fans etc.

The all time record run with no penalty, so far as these things are recorded, appears to be Port Vale's 72 matches, but I can't tell if this is league matches only or not.

Either way we are closing in.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

The all time record run with no penalty, so far as these things are recorded, appears to be Port Vale's 72 matches, but I can't tell if this is league matches only or not.

Either way we are closing in.....

Port Vale was reported as 'competitive games', so same as us. I hadn't realised they acheived this just last year. I think they actually won a penalty shoot out during that time though which is odd.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Port Vale was reported as 'competitive games', so same as us. I hadn't realised they acheived this just last year. I think they actually won a penalty shoot out during that time though which is odd.

They also broke their drought with two penalties in the same game!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

May as well also update:

League only

All competitive games

457 days and counting.

So, the game where we'll set a new record (all competitive games) will be Blackpool. Live on TV! 

3 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I'm going to be well annoyed if we get a penalty soon, and don't break all the records. We're so close, it'll be a shame if we fall short :laugh:

You know we will fall one short and will miss it.

Worse, everyone will know it should never have been given, as TV replays will conclusively show 

Subsequently the referee's boss will send us a letter of apology!

18 minutes ago, harrys said:

Reading will always win plenty of penalties with Shane Long & Tom Ince in the team 

Although a very quick check suggests that those two have only won one each this season so..site could be wrong of course but 7 for a midtable moderate side is quite something. Divisional high in fact!