IGNORED

If Nige was gone and Euell was in temporary charge

Davefevs

• The title was changed to If Nige was gone and Euell was in temporary charge
15 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I’m a bit late to this thread and agree the title was clickbait-esque.  I’ve changed the title, that doesn’t alter the subsequent discussion and points raised.

I’m a bit late to it too and just read the whole thread thinking the title you’ve just changed it to was the original title and everyone was being too cruel to Dave.

Now I feel I’ve missed the being cruel to Dave boat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I’m a bit late to it too and just read the whole thread thinking the title you’ve just changed it to was the original title and everyone was being too cruel to Dave.

Now I feel I’ve missed the being cruel to Dave boat. 

Post-thread title cruelty is allowed, bring it on Ralph retrospectively!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I must admit, this being OTIB, I’d like to think I’d have read the post before going into meltdown.

If you can’t have the occasional tease……….

It seems like most of the people giving Fevs pelters are the ones who are most disappointed the post title wasn’t actually true.

I had no problem with it personally and it actually focussed my own thoughts.  The initial sinking feeling I had on seeing title and then the realisation of the impending chaos just filled me with dread.  After realising the truth behind it, I was actually a sort of relieved, so it was useful in that respect.

You can just imagine us pratting around for weeks, whilst ballsing up the transfer window, before appointing Euell as caretaker to the end of the season.  

I’d take the current situation, with the hope of improvent with reinforcements during the window, over that nightmare scenario.

Nice one Dave?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Blimey. I saw the title, heart skipped a beat, opened and read it, smirked.

Some people take this all way too seriously is what I'm getting from some of these posts...

Ditto.

Opened it as it was from a poster not known for BS, read the opening sentence and realised it was a spoof title.

Didn't think anything of it, but it seems to have irked a few which has prompted a title change.

C'est la vie ;)

• Like 1

I, like Dave, have been a long term supporter of Nige, and although joy is particularly thin on the ground at the moment, I'm not quite ready yet to join the "Pearson out" lobby. 

As to an admission of being wrong, well I'm quite comfortable with that as I'm certain Dave is.

It seems to me that the rather more childish posters on here are often keen to get some sort of apology from anyone, for anything, as being right is being clever, and therefore helps to reinforce a fragile ego. 

Let them eat cake I say Dave, no need for you to step down.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Now is a time for calm - I for one, was delighted when Nige committed his future to us and whilst I’m as disappointed and frustrated as everyone else, we are making huge strides off the pitch……Nige and the boys now need to start delivering on it! I think everyone knows that.

An encouraging CEO appointment today and with one or two additions in Jan, I have confidence that we will be absolutely fine - we do however, need to find our home form and quick. We’ve got some big home games to come against teams who will be in and around us during the 2nd half of the season - Brum, Hull, Wigan, Blackpool etc…..these are the games that will define our season; the players need to have confidence to play at home (defo missing on Boxing Day)….in addition to the management team, we as supporters, have a huge part to play in giving them the confidence.

Getting through this season (for all the known reasons) is vitally important (it always was going to be a tough campaign) and throwing it all up on the air by changing the manager at this point is in my view, not the answer.

COYRs

• Like 5