IGNORED

Vyner

Bobbie

4 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Whilst I appreciate his primary role is to defend, which he did well, his distribution is woeful. 

Tonight at least didn’t think his distribution was too bad, as mainly short balls, but he’s definitely no Naismith when it comes to longer balls. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Woeful distribution tonight?

I think the opposite!

So did I, someone is either desperate to criticise or wasn’t watching properly.

Zak used the ball excellently tonight, bit of a gutter for those looking for something to moan about.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Atkinson looking trustworthy too

Agree, although looked like he was blowing after about 30 mins, wonder if NP thinks he has something of the Cam Pring of a season or two ago and his being left out relates to needing to improve fitness? Looked good in the middle tonight. 

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So did I, someone is either desperate to criticise or wasn’t watching properly.

Zak used the ball excellently tonight, bit of a gutter for those looking for something to moan.

I’m sure someone will dig out the stats, especially those in the second half. I know fans can sometimes get a bit overexcited but I’d certainly challenge “excellently”.

As I said, he defended well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Agree, although looked like he was blowing after about 30 mins, wonder if NP thinks he has something of the Cam Pring of a season or two ago and his being left out relates to needing to improve fitness? Looked good in the middle tonight. 

Yeah I’m sure it must have been something along those lines.

22 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Whilst I appreciate his primary role is to defend, which he did well, his distribution is woeful. 

First half would agree, although he was still solid. Second half he improved - along with Tanner, who looked like a rabbit in the headlights before HT and was one of our best outlets after the break.

Edited by Ron W

Defensively sound, covered well and broke lines brilliantly a couple of times.
Yes he hit some poor long passes, they all did and it meant they didn't get caught on the ball, but I thought he did well.
Some of those passes were close to getting Weimann and Conway away, just got cut out. There was space in behind the FB/WBs, Naismith hit some horrendous ones first half, but it was obviously a plan.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Total nonsense.

Tanner found Burey a real handful first half but stuck at it, with Vyner’s support.

Tanner improved second half & did well, pleased for him, like him a lot.

And Burey got subbed off because he did nothing with it, and Tanner started to link up further forward, so Rowett had to change personnel to a more defensive left side player (Styles).  A tick in the box for Tanner after a difficult start to the game…albeit hasn’t played RWB that much of late.

I like Vyner striding forward second half too.  For me he used the ball okay / fine tonight.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Woeful distribution tonight?

I think the opposite!

He’ll take the risk and try to fire it into feet or he’ll try to put one over the top of the defence. When it don’t work that is all people see. I think he needs to cut down on the long diagonal balls but otherwise he is fine. Was only one looking to get the ball into our forwards quickly

• Like 4