IGNORED

Is Jay DaSilva worth a new contract?

Vidal

Played well today. Left back suites him better. Not the same player he was before last injury. And yes wages too high and even cutting that too high for bench player I when all fit and available. And he did go around the ground as if it a finale farewell at end of match . Good luck to jay, there's a decent LB in there 

I think if he had been a new signing yesterday, at his age and at a wage we were happy with, I would have been very pleased. Played well and would be a very decent addition to a squad that needs depth.

So for me, yes, certainly worth a new contract offer. On our terms that we are happy with. I would doubt very much he would accept it. The issue then is can he get a better one elsewhere. I like the Pearson line that every player is always playing for their next contract, with us or elsewhere.

Like Wells, and unlike HM it seems, when for a period ‘off the bus’ he looks like he has kept plugging away and wants to play.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1

People laughed when Pearson described him as a "big man", but I am sure he meant he is a big man inside that small stature, he shirks nothing and throws everything in there.

He also uses his lack of size well to win free kicks, making it look like he has been bullied off the ball.

48 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Indeed. And there are quite a few in the professional game, many who offer a similar profile as Pring. 

And I guess that’s the bit Nige and the club are weighing up.

According to Kid, Jay is one of the players who wasn’t offered an extension.