IGNORED

Today`s games

Lanterne Rouge

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Why?

What on earth have Ipswich got to do with BCFC?

The ***t who had a huge say in putting this club onits knees financially and then ran as fast as he could from the mess he created, is now their CEO. Surprised you didn’t know.  

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

The ***t who had a huge say in putting this club onits knees financially and then ran as fast as he could from the mess he created, is now their CEO. Surprised you didn’t know.  

3 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Mark Ashton, our former CEO, is now the CEO of Ipswich. While he was with us, some of his financial decisions had a negative impact on our club.

OK- got it now.

I couldn't give a toss about MA or Ipswich or is it the case that until BCFC see success again anything to the contrary is purely down to MA and by extension- Ipswich?

Perhaps we should organise a march to get our club back?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

OK- got it now.

I couldn't give a toss about MA or Ipswich or is it the case that until BCFC see success again anything to the contrary is purely down to MA and by extension- Ipswich?

I don't understand how you arrived at the idea that our success is dependent on the failure of Ipswich or Ashton. It is nice to see a snake squirm, though

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

OK- got it now.

You crack on. 

41 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve just had a look at the League One table and I couldn’t believe Plymouth! I know they were doing well but they’re absolutely bossing that league…

6 points clear of 3rd, FIFTEEN points clear of 4th. Crazy

Would be good to see them come back up 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve just had a look at the League One table and I couldn’t believe Plymouth! I know they were doing well but they’re absolutely bossing that league…

6 points clear of 3rd, FIFTEEN points clear of 4th. Crazy

They`ve won all but one of their home games. That`s the big difference along with grinding out 1-0s at Morecambe and Lincoln on a wet Tuesday.

After many years of blowing it in the last ten games of the season I think this will be their year at last and once they get up I feel they will establish themselves. 

Let`s just hope we`re not waving to them as we pass by!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

As regards our current position,,viewing the table I'm seeing us as third in a league of eight right now - with the bottom three taking the plunge...

Goal difference is & may well be our friend- if we continue to defend as stoutly as of late.

One thing we have been pretty decent at in recent years is beating the teams at the bottom. Less so this year. Two points against Wigan and Blackpool in hindsight looks poor in matches we could/should have won. Also worth noting that the four teams directly above us, Hull, Stoke, Birmingham and QPR are all above us simply by virtue of beating us. Think our final outcome will be heavily dependent on how we do second time around against teams in the bottom half, and in tight games turning a few of those draws in to wins.

Our away form is ok, unbeaten in four away now. More than anything we need to squeeze some home wins in, especially with Wigan, Hull, Blackpool and Rotherham still to play at AG. Stating the bloody obvious, but can not afford to many more ‘Stokes’.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think you'll find we have our own squirming issues to deal with atm. Ipswich are less than irrelevant.

If you get your wish and Nigel is sacked his replacement will still be hamstrung by the financial disaster Ashton created while feathering his own nest (albeit aided by SL's neglect and LJ's ego). It's not Ipswich but Ashton who is still relevant and sadly may be for some time to come.

SL let get him get away with it but it looks like his current boss is less of a pushover. Because of the damage he did here I for one would be delighted to see him get his comeuppance.

• Like 2
  • Flames 3

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

If you get your wish and Nigel is sacked his replacement will still be hamstrung by the financial disaster Ashton created while feathering his own nest (albeit aided by SL's neglect and LJ's ego). It's not Ipswich but Ashton who is still relevant and sadly may be for some time to come.

SL let get him get away with it but it looks like his current boss is less of a pushover. Because of the damage he did here I for one would be delighted to see him get his comeuppance.

Fair enough.

I dont have a problem with Ipswich fans to the point I wish them ill purely because a former employee works for their club.

The idea that any future manager is going to be hamstrung by MA is, IMO, ridiculous. 

Out of interest- please can you specify that at what point we can move on from MA? Is it after Jan transfer window or next season? The one after? Never?

Please be specific in your answer.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Call me a Rovers fan but I am absolutely delighted when Ipswich drop points

Why would this make you a rover's fan? At least Ipswich have a history- one of their former players was even in Escape to Victory with Pele

Just now, slartibartfast said:

And yet, here you are on a thread clearly marked Ipswich ?

The thread we are on is "TONIGHT'S GAMES" by OP @Lanterne Rouge

Oh dear- how awkward @slartibartfast

30 minutes ago, cityexile said:

One thing we have been pretty decent at in recent years is beating the teams at the bottom. Less so this year. Two points against Wigan and Blackpool in hindsight looks poor in matches we could/should have won. Also worth noting that the four teams directly above us, Hull, Stoke, Birmingham and QPR are all above us simply by virtue of beating us. Think our final outcome will be heavily dependent on how we do second time around against teams in the bottom half, and in tight games turning a few of those draws in to wins.

Our away form is ok, unbeaten in four away now. More than anything we need to squeeze some home wins in, especially with Wigan, Hull, Blackpool and Rotherham still to play at AG. Stating the bloody obvious, but can not afford to many more ‘Stokes’.

Tend to agree with this post although sticking Hull in that bracket. I dunno, bit cautious on that- while we have a good home record in particular vs them and while form can be temporary they seem to be on an upward trajectory.

Quietly put together a run of 7 unbeaten on the road and potentially adding Ebiowei and Aaron Connolly on loan.

19 pts from last 12 games overall in fact, they could well be climbing towards midtable.

Blackpool readding Bowler is a big boost and potentially Morgan Rogers on loan, may make things tighter down this end.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1