IGNORED

Player transfer out that effected you the most?

Major Isewater

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We all know that players move on but which one leaving effected you the most ? 
I was devastated when SuperBob got given away to West Brom. Our talisman had gone and for bugger all, £300,000 the Baggies had our trousers down. 

We had our own trousers down given that Bobby Gould said later that they would have been prepared to pay £1m for him.

Probably the most recent would be Aden Flint and Bobby Reid leaving. Flint played a role in an exciting chapter, just felt like it was ending around then when he left. Doesn’t seem like we’ve had many characters recently. Bobby Reid had an exciting style of play which was great to watch, enhanced most players around him.

It’s weird because even though we’ve had better strikers on paper just before and after him, we still never played as good upfront when he was in the team. I haven’t been too bothered about other players leaving since them

• Like 3

Andy Cole. He was always going on to bigger things (obviously !)

We gave him away to Newcastle, £1.75M with no sell on, and Newcastle had him in their team after putting just £50k down up front.

We spent the £50k on a part time school teacher called Glen Pennyfather  ?

Gutted to see Cole go for a pittance.

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I was devastated when SuperBob got given away to West Brom. Our talisman had gone and for bugger all, £300,000 the Baggies had our trousers down. 

I'll never forgive Lumsden for that....

?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

We gave him away to Newcastle, £1.75M with no sell on, and Newcastle had him in their team after putting just £50k down up front.

Agree with this. We were so naive to agree such a low fee for the country’s up and coming striker, bearing in mind he was our record signing at the time. Seems like a millions years ago now mind

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

I’ve probably posted this before, but I heard it was something like a £1m with a sell on, or £1.75m flat???

36 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

*Pedant alert*

It should be AFFECTED Major, not effected.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

I’m going to expand this and say that - although I agree with Bob Taylor as a player - the biggest “departure” for me was Big Joe on his first stint. Firstly, if he hangs around, Taylor probably doesn’t go shortly after.

Secondly, and more importantly, since I’ve been watching city it’s the only time a manager we had has been poached by another club. And we were on the up. We had a fantastic promotion side, augmented by signings such as Aizlewood in the summer, and were punching at the top end of the championship. Joe had turned down Villa who were an established top flight side and went to Hearts - bloody Hearts! as he saw it his route to the Scotland job.

If Joe hadn’t been poached, we’d have gone on and IMO gone up eventually. I think he regretted it and we certainly did.

Players leaving can upset you. Jordan leaving is the only example I can think of where an individual leaving fundamentally affected the direction of the club. So it has to be that.

Or Marvin Harriott. But probably Joe.

• Like 11
  • Flames 8

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m going to expand this and say that - although I agree with Bob Taylor as a player - the biggest “departure” for me was Big Joe on his first stint. Firstly, if he hangs around, Taylor probably doesn’t go shortly after.

Secondly, and more importantly, since I’ve been watching city it’s the only time a manager we had has been poached by another club. And we were on the up. We had a fantastic promotion side, augmented by signings such as Aizlewood in the summer, and were punching at the top end of the championship. Joe had turned down Villa who were an established top flight side and went to Hearts - bloody Hearts! as he saw it his route to the Scotland job.

If Joe hadn’t been poached, we’d have gone on and IMO gone up eventually. I think he regretted it and we certainly did.

Players leaving can upset you. Jordan leaving is the only example I can think of where an individual leaving fundamentally affected the direction of the club. So it has to be that.

Or Marvin Harriott. But probably Joe.

Wasn't Pulis poached by Portsmouth? 

Staggering I know, but I can remember feeling very grateful to Pompey for quite a while.

Maybe my memory's finally gone.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

I get effected every time a player leaves us for a team I consider to be no better than us and in quite a few cases a "smaller"club just because they have parachute payments and can outbid us on wages, Bournemouth being the one that p**es me off the most losing Lloyd Kelly to them really got my goat. 

Edited by pillred
Punctuation.
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Wasn't Pulis poached by Portsmouth? 

Staggering I know, but I can remember feeling very grateful to Pompey for quite a while.

Maybe my memory's finally gone.

He was indeed 

I've never been so happy to lose a Manager to another club 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, pillred said:

I get effected every time a player leaves us for a team I consider to no better than us and in quite a few cases a "smaller"club just because they have parachute payments and can outbid us on wages, Bournemouth being the one that p**es me off the most losing Lloyd Kelly to them really got my goat. 

Money Talks GIF by MSNBC

• Haha 1