IGNORED

Player transfer out that effected you the most?

Major Isewater

14 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We all know that players move on but which one leaving effected you the most ? 
I was devastated when SuperBob got given away to West Brom. Our talisman had gone and for bugger all, £300,000 the Baggies had our trousers down. 

And getting that muppet Allison as his "replacement"

• Confused 3

In the last 25 years or so the player moving on that disappointed me the most was Scott Murray. He’d had a wonderful season with us and to see him move was a huge blow.

I understood why he’d moved tho - financially it was well worth it but he never really shone at Reading without a player like Tinnion to supply him. They never played to his strengths.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

I don’t think anyone has mentioned him so far… Luke Ayling. £300k.

I believe a deal negotiated by the master of “trading” Mr Ashton, on the owner’s say so for being not very naughty at Cheltenham Races. 
What ever happened to Luke???? 

Vanished without trace, never leave.

n 12 December 2021, Ayling joined a select group of just 70 players[60] that have made over 200 appearances for the club, including current teammates Stuart Dallas, Liam Cooper & Kalvin Phillips. On March 18, 2022, Ayling netted a 90+1 winner against Wolverhampton Wanderers in a thrilling comeback for Leeds United.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Ayling

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

We sold Shutt when we bought Taylor, not when we sold Bob.

I suppose all of those saying Bob regret us signing Dziekanowski then? Because that’s where all the money went.

It was well before forums & the like & I loved Bob, but he had lost his place when we sold him, the sublime Nicky Morgan & Wayne Allison were our front two & he was out of form.

Selling him proved to be a complete disaster by Lumsden, (just the 100 goals for them in his first spell) but hey, Dziekanowski flicked the ball up in the air a couple of times & stood around watching Shelton work his arse off whilst we got hammered 4-0 at Twerton, eh?

I was probably most gutted by Agostino, as he moved on for nothing (early Bosman) & we were pretty rubbish in Joe’s second spell & badly needed him.

New Shutt was in the mix somewhere, age and memory not a great mix :laugh: :)

Chris Garland in 1971. that Summer he had been included in a FA party touring Australia. One of the back room staff was Chelsea's trainer. He obviously had a good look at CG and Chelsea bought him for £100,000.

Annoyingly Chris hadn't been available for the 2nd game of City's season, a League Cup tie, as he "had suffered a knock on Saturday". Back then we believed what we were told, so Chris was not cup tied and picked up a League Cup winner's medal with Chelsea. ?

Two years later City sold John Galley and replaced him the following day with Bobby Gould. BG had 1st division experience, but he didn't score like Galley had and after just 50 weeks, we sold him.

9 hours ago, Mendip City said:

I don’t think anyone has mentioned him so far… Luke Ayling. £300k.

I believe a deal negotiated by the master of “trading” Mr Ashton, on the owner’s say so for being not very naughty at Cheltenham Races. 
What ever happened to Luke???? 

Quality player. 

And we had Adam Matthews as his replacement ??‍♂️

3 hours ago, 22A said:

Chris Garland in 1971. that Summer he had been included in a FA party touring Australia. One of the back room staff was Chelsea's trainer. He obviously had a good look at CG and Chelsea bought him for £100,000.

Annoyingly Chris hadn't been available for the 2nd game of City's season, a League Cup tie, as he "had suffered a knock on Saturday". Back then we believed what we were told, so Chris was not cup tied and picked up a League Cup winner's medal with Chelsea. ?

Two years later City sold John Galley and replaced him the following day with Bobby Gould. BG had 1st division experience, but he didn't score like Galley had and after just 50 weeks, we sold him.

Bobby Gould was awful. TBF better scoring record than I thought, 15 in 35, but I really didn't take to him. 

11 hours ago, 22A said:

Didn’t they lose to Stoke in the final? Can’t be bothered to look it up.