IGNORED

Sums us up

italian dave

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

2nd half today was good, Watford at home was good.

Sunderland at home was alright, the League games v Cardiff and Swansea were decent no?

I was replying to the earlier post and their thoughts. However it has to become more intimidating. Pearson himself said for years teams like coming here because it’s all a bit nice. No home end and giving the away the end behind the goal to visitors has been a problem for years and pretty much the only time LJ said anything right/pointed at hierarchy. It’s going to be small margins now and we need as a club to remember that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I was replying to the earlier post and their thoughts. However it has to become more intimidating. Pearson himself said for years teams like coming here because it’s all a bit nice. No home end and giving the away the end behind the goal to visitors has been a problem for years and pretty much the only time LJ said anything right/pointed at hierarchy. It’s going to be small margins now and we need as a club to remember that. 

Proximity of livelier home fans to away fans definitely helps. Saw quite a few standing in Upper E34/Dolman A. Standing fans more likely to sing arguably.

• Like 2

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Proximity of livelier home fans to away fans definitely helps. Saw quite a few standing in Upper E34/Dolman A. Standing fans more likely to sing arguably.

I think that’s true. However home fans behind the goal is a tradition that we unilaterally did away with. The idea that we are crap at home for long periods is in my opinion partially due to this. 

Im an old man now. But the upside is I can remember times in the 60s and 70s that it was intimidating to come here and the crowd would attempt to metaphorically try and suck the ball toward the goal and get right under the goal keepers skin at dead balls. Those days are long gone. We are a way to welcoming across the club and have been for 40 years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Remember our supporters who die, ONCE PER SEASON.

No disrespect to all those who have passed on or their relatives.

Yep do it once at start of  year. Most clubs do that now I think.

On 08/01/2023 at 13:33, italian dave said:

At other clubs they have half time entertainment; penalty shoot outs, youngsters playing a game, crossbar challenges.

At Bristol City we announce deaths. 

As others have said, no disrespect to fellow Reds who have died, and their families/friends but . . . . . .

let's also spare a thought for the thousands who have "died" from boredom watching some really shite football, at Ashton Gate and away, over the years.