IGNORED

Sums us up

italian dave

13 minutes ago, italian dave said:

At other clubs they have half time entertainment; penalty shoot outs, youngsters playing a game, crossbar challenges.

At Bristol City we announce deaths. 

Very true

One of the reasons my interest in attending is waning. The atmosphere is like a morgue and whether its claps in the 55th 70th 78th min or announcements throughout half time, death is being rammed down our throats.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

I actually watched this higher or lower business, the young lad got it wrong on the first go but still won the prize?

Poor lad didn’t even know where in Bristol he was from.

That's amazing it's the most fixed game ever, what they are meant to say is on a clipboard that's held in front of them, the pressure of the Ashton gate crowd got to him :laugh: 

31 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

It's not the rubbish entertainment at half time that bothers me, it's the rubbish we serve up for the 45 mins before and after that is the concern.

At least we showed a bit of fighting spirit for the last 15 mins, where was it for the first 75 minutes?

It doesn’t help having grumpy guts in charge

8 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

As a boy I remember the half time scores elsewhere were on a board marked A to Z and you had to check your programme to see which game related to which letter. Or did I imagine that...? Very exciting.

No you didn’t imagine it and it was the halftime highlight!?

Most clubs are terrible at matchday presentation as a whole and we're certainly bad at that among other things

Weird because it all seems quite an easy thing to fix imo

Obviously we all know the sound systems are awful so that doesn't help but the massive screens are hardly used in an effective way

Downsy and I'd assume some others running the show clearly aren't football fans

Presumably one of the main reasons they don't do anything is they want fans back in the concourse buying food and drinks anyway. Still sad though

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Roe said:

Most clubs are terrible at matchday presentation as a whole and we're certainly bad at that among other things

Weird because it all seems quite an easy thing to fix imo

Obviously we all know the sound systems are awful so that doesn't help but the massive screens are hardly used in an effective way

Downsy and I'd assume some others running the show clearly aren't football fans

Presumably one of the main reasons they don't do anything is they want fans back in the concourse buying food and drinks anyway. Still sad though

Maybe some entertainment in the bar areas at HT then. Anything to whip up the atmosphere for the second half of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

As a boy I remember the half time scores elsewhere were on a board marked A to Z and you had to check your programme to see which game related to which letter. Or did I imagine that...? Very exciting.

One of the reasons we used to call it Eastville for Entertainment.

That system was a forerunner of my later invention the personal computer.