IGNORED

Least not this toxic - Everton FC

daored

Everton's board of directors have been told to stay away from their Premier League game with Southampton due to a "real and credible threat to their safety and security", the club have said.

Fans are understood to be planning a protest at Goodison Park in the wake of last week's embarrassing 4-1 home defeat to Brighton.

The club said chairman Bill Kenwright, chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale, chief finance and strategy officer Grant Ingles and non-executive director Graeme Sharp will "reluctantly" stay away on the advice of security advisors.

Edited by daored

• The title was changed to Least not this toxic - Everton FC
10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Will all be forgotten very quickly if they go down 

He took the club when nobody else would come forward, put his own limited funds in to bring them a half decent decade when they could have sunk to the depths of Sunderland.

I would hope that people would respect that.

Noel Gallagher said in the late nineties that he wouldn't put money into Man City because first they love you and then they hate you.

Well that's what's happened at Everton.

• Like 2

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

He took the club when nobody else would come forward, put his own limited funds in to bring them a half decent decade when they could have sunk to the depths of Sunderland.

I would hope that people would respect that.

Noel Gallagher said in the late nineties that he wouldn't put money into Man City because first they love you and then they hate you.

Well that's what's happened at Everton.

True, but ultimately they've not progressed under his tenure especially if they do get relegated 

5 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

please. please. do not sack Fwank.

I've wanted Everton to come down for years.

One of the worst away sections I've been in recently makes the upper tier at Villa look like Wembley 

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

The Liverpool echo are reporting that Chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale was reportedly put in a headlock after the defeat on the way to her car. 

Seriously crossed the line if true 

85c43e32-36ab-4c72-b1a1-f46c48463201.webp

That is horrendous behaviour, football is a game. No matter how bad it is that behaviour is utterly disgusting

Hope they check CCTV and lock them up and make an example of them

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Britain's angriest fans, most angry/disillusioned fans. Remember, Joey Barton is an Evertonian, so these blokes start out pretty angry from before getting school, then just go along getting angrier and angrier. 

Its what happens when they're the peoples club of the city...

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Fivethirtyeight have them as favourites to go down. 62% chance of relegation. Surely we go to Goodison next season.

We have to make sure we stay up, then I will look forward to that trip.
I have a few Everton mates and I want to get up there before they move anyway.

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Britain's angriest fans, most angry/disillusioned fans. Remember, Joey Barton is an Evertonian, so these blokes start out pretty angry from before getting school, then just go along getting angrier and angrier. 

TBF some context .

They have spent more than almost anyone in the Prem bar the top 3/4 over 10 years. They have nothing to show for it and their rivals have started to look like contenders. Imagine our fanbase in that position, we would be every bit as toxic. 

• Like 3

One of the things I hate when I hear pundits on tv who have no clue ,

oh how great are the fans are blah blah blah , Everton fans are horrid very opinionated and typical scouse blaggers , never been to Goodison so have no experience of them at home games but remember them at the gate a few times , also had the misfortune of being on a train down from the north to London a few months back , there were a fair few of them and all they did was  snort Charlie openly in the carriage and abuse everybody else in the carriage including my mrs when she went to get something to eat / drink luckily for me I was stopped from confronting a couple of them by a lad sat opposite us as I would have no doubt come unstuck ( far to many of them ) , 

also Newcastle fans ( nothing like Everton fans ) but wasn’t st James park toxic a couple of years ago now there best fans in the world . 

59 minutes ago, redkev said:

One of the things I hate when I hear pundits on tv who have no clue ,

oh how great are the fans are blah blah blah , Everton fans are horrid very opinionated and typical scouse blaggers , never been to Goodison so have no experience of them at home games but remember them at the gate a few times , also had the misfortune of being on a train down from the north to London a few months back , there were a fair few of them and all they did was  snort Charlie openly in the carriage and abuse everybody else in the carriage including my mrs when she went to get something to eat / drink luckily for me I was stopped from confronting a couple of them by a lad sat opposite us as I would have no doubt come unstuck ( far to many of them ) , 

also Newcastle fans ( nothing like Everton fans ) but wasn’t st James park toxic a couple of years ago now there best fans in the world . 

It's been a long time since City and I visited Goodison. I can tell you its a lot more intimidating than Anfield. 

• Like 2