IGNORED

Swansea City away FA Cup replay match thread

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes it was, does anyone know why that doesn't seem to go down as an assist? I thought that only happened if there was an opponent's touch between the pass and the goal.

I got this reply from (see below)

image.png.e9818c264bf2ff0e34e307c1820023d4.png

@Hamdon Mart

2 hours ago, westonred said:

For those that havent seen it yet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64313267

Much better (More City biased) highlights than the first lot put up…and Hadwin / Owers comms too.

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

That Bell goal reminded me of Michael Owen, such great pace and composure 

It was wasn’t it.  Good shout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I got this reply from (see below)

image.png.e9818c264bf2ff0e34e307c1820023d4.png

@Hamdon Mart

Much better (More City biased) highlights than the first lot put up…and Hadwin / Owers comms too.

It was wasn’t it.  Good shout.

Thanks Dave, I did wonder whether it was because the ball was played and received within the defensive half of the field, but sounds like it was just missed.

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Was at the game last night so haven't read all these pages. Despite a brilliant dogged team display I thought Alex Scott was very disappointing. The game seemed to pass him by. Joe Williams was a massive upgrade on the night and was instrumental in us winning.

Hopefully young Alex has not had his head turned with all of the media transfer talk, tentative bids??

BTW. Fair play to you and the others who made the effort to get to the game.. bet it was a fantastic experience. And great to hear of a brilliant dogged team display.

COYR’s

11 hours ago, LondonRobin said:

Have a day off

What do you mean by that ? Is a slang from England ?

I will take it like  a "take it easy, man!" and not as criticism.

I did a lot of grammar errors was not reading my text before post it but I can not take days off, even if I am not active on the forum lately.

I am that stupid... begin afraid of relation but still look at the difference between us and top 6 haha. Probably this is the curse of being a City fan.

Just now, Mihai said:

What do you mean by that ? Is a slang from England ?

I will take it like  as a "take it easy, man!" and not as criticism.

I did a lot of grammar errors was not reading my text before post it but I can not take days off, even if I am not active on the forum lately.

I am that stupid... begin afraid of relegation but still look at the difference between us and top 6 haha. Probably this is the curse of being a City fan.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

I mean, let's not pretend that a) other than the result that that was a good watch and b) the formation had anything to do with it, it was a display of guts and resilience, similar to the games against Millwall and Cov. (I'd argue we showed far more enjoyable football in those games, too).

That we won doesn't make 433 the golden goose you want it to be. If anything today highlights a number of the weaknesses to that formation. Too easy to dominate as there is too much space between our press. 

That’s your opinion, I personally think there’s a noticeable difference in how we play and it’s what I’d prefer to watch. If you don’t then fair enough, I don’t think it’s a “golden goose” or whatever I just think we play with a bit more purpose and at a faster pace in 4-3-3. I’m not a fan of the 3-5-2 as we seem to struggle to work the ball up the pitch and that’s been my biggest criticism of Pearson. It’s not perfect (nothing is in football) I just prefer it to the formation we’ve stuck with through 3+ years of turgid football.

As someone that was just about Pearson Out after WBA I’m pleased with the response from the side and hope this continues. Sorry I’m trying to give the boys some credit!

2 minutes ago, KegCity said:

I just prefer it to the formation we’ve stuck with through 3+ years of turgid football.

Do you really think it’s been turgid?  What about WSM last season, some of early season this season, etc?  If you do, fair enough, but you’ll surprise me if you do! ?

Nor have we stuck with a formation either?  I still remember the moaners early last season when we were playing a back 4.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Do you really think it’s been turgid?  What about WSM last season, some of early season this season, etc?  If you do, fair enough, but you’ll surprise me if you do! ?

Nor have we stuck with a formation either?  I still remember the moaners early last season when we were playing a back 4.

Of course we’ve had some good runs mixed in but by and large we’ve not had great results and 3-5-2 appears to have been the predominant formation, although stats may prove me wrong. We’ve struggled to climb up the table for several seasons, and of course there are plenty of contributing factors for that, but 3-5-2 has been one (of many) consistent factors during this run. Turgid may be a tad strong as we did score a lot of goals (whilst also conceding them by the bucket load) with WSM but ultimately we haven’t exactly been drowning in wins in recent years whilst mainly using wingbacks. I’m not a fan of the formation at any level unless you have elite wingbacks for the standard, so maybe personal biases are getting in the way.

Its definitely not down to just the formation, it’s just nice to see a fresh idea introduced that appears to have helped the team play at a higher tempo.

• Thanks 1