IGNORED

Swansea City away FA Cup replay match thread

11 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Is this win helping us ? Playing more games instead of focusing on the League ? Or at least do you reckon will help the morale of our players ? When we were in a good run for top 6 or batting for relegation, I always preferd to be knocked out early so less injury and less games are draining the energy of our players.

But I m happy to see the positive score in the same time.... I just don't care about FA Cup that much... I am worried about the League.

Worth a response. I do in fairness share a lot of those concerns. Equally we have very few mid week matches coming up, and it did give some of the more fringe players a run out. It’s also a couple of welcome £.

Yes, agreed, league is 100% priority. Not getting beat is also habit forming. 

• Like 1

FA Cup: Swansea City 1-2 Bristol City - Sam Bell strike gives Robins extra-time win - BBC Sport

Mark Sykes Mark Sykes opened the scoring having claimed his first Bristol City goals in last Saturday's win over Birmingham

Bristol City progressed to round four of the FA Cup as Sam Bell's extra-time goal secured a 2-1 replay victory at Swansea City.

Mark Sykes steered Bristol City in front only for Ollie Cooper to set up the additional 30 minutes when he scored with his first touch.

Swansea had chances to triumph, but it was academy-product Bell's night.

The 20-year-old ran from near halfway to score a memorable first senior goal for his home-city club.

Bell's intervention a second successive win for Bristol City, a welcome boost after a run of just one victory in 12 matches in all competitions.

The Robins are also unbeaten in five games, while Swansea's inconsistent form continues.

The Welsh side had lost only once in four games before this - against Championship leaders Burnley - but saw any hope of a cup run wiped out as they failed to take their chances.

While Swansea's focus for the rest of the season will be on pushing for a Championship play-off place, Bristol City can look forward to a home cup tie against West Bromwich Albion later this month.

• Thanks 1

5 unbeaten now, 2 wins on the bounce.

Sam Bell- he'll remember this night for the rest of his career. Had that spell at RWB last season but didn't he do well.

Quietly we have cobbled together and it's partially impacted by the international break an unbeaten away run on the road lasting 2.5 months. 5 games maybe in all competitions.

Great to see another academy products making his debut, admittedly I know little about Taylor-Clarke.

Well done to all, let's hope the injury to Pring is minor, a precautionary substition etc.

• Like 1