IGNORED

Interesting referee change incoming

phantom

I can only see this worsening matters, as we've already seen VAR make massive errors. Imagine a ref explaining to the crowd the recent decision with Rashford. 

Just get rid of VAR full stop and change the offside and handball rules. 

It'll make life so much easier.

Pre VAR...did we go on about the mistakes made by refs post game? Not as much as we do with the mistakes made by VAR.

Bin it.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, spudski said:

I can only see this worsening matters, as we've already seen VAR make massive errors. Imagine a ref explaining to the crowd the recent decision with Rashford. 

Pre VAR...did we go on about the mistakes made by refs post game? Not as much as we do with the mistakes made by VAR.

Bin it.

It was the likes of Sam Allardyce, Mark Hughes etc. with their constant moaning that ensured VAR was introduced. Now all Managers moan about is VAR. Klopp is one of the very biggest bellends in that department too. Hardly ever admits that a decision against him is correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Bin it.

Don’t argue with the overall point you’re making. 

But “pre-VAR did we go on about the mistakes made by refs post game?”

Did we ever….?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Don’t argue with the overall point you’re making. 

But “pre-VAR did we go on about the mistakes made by refs post game?”

Did we ever….?

It seems an eternity ago. ☺️?

However...I don't think the focus on mistakes made by Refs in the Championship gets focussed on as much as VAR. ?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

What a disappointing OP. I thought by the title there was going to be a referee change for Blackburn and we were going to get the popular Keith Stroud. 

Tbf he’s been one of the best we’ve had this year.   That’s how shit they have been! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spudski said:

That 1958 FA Cup game at AG where Geoff Bradford was clearly offside, but allowed to score against City still rankles.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lenred said:

Tbf he’s been one of the best we’ve had this year.   That’s how shit they have been! 

You're right! TBF I've never particularly disliked him as, while we can all think of some dodgy decisions by him, he is his own man and is not swayed by the crowd or blindly conforms to the ridiculous instructions meted out by the football authorities. I only used him as the first EFL referee to come to mind. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Added content

2 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

There is nothing wrong with Keith Stroud.

Kieth Stroud would have given a penalty for tackle on Samenyo at the Gate against Swansea!! As the 4th official he was seen saying that’s a penalty to the Swansea dugout but couldn’t advise our wonderful premiership ref in the middle! 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

What a disappointing OP. I thought by the title there was going to be a referee change for Blackburn and we were going to get the popular Keith Stroud. 

No we get Tim Robinson who was the ref for last night's FA cup game between Chesterfield & West Brom.

The big thing for me is speeding up the process and making it about clear and obvious errors.

I am still a fan of the idea that any VAR decision can only be re-watched by the VAR team three times. If an obvious error has been made, they will be able to see that within three playbacks.

If they watch it three times and still aren’t sure then it isn’t clear or obvious so the ref’s original decision stands.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

The big thing for me is speeding up the process and making it about clear and obvious errors.

I am still a fan of the idea that any VAR decision can only be re-watched by the VAR team three times. If an obvious error has been made, they will be able to see that within three playbacks.

If they watch it three times and still aren’t sure then it isn’t clear or obvious so the ref’s original decision stands.

I'm an advocate of scrapping VAR but if we have to keep it then the VAR referee should view incidents in real time and make a decision within a minute. If he can't decide in a minute it's not a clear or obvious error. 

There should also be no need to use VAR for every goal.