IGNORED

Question on e tickets

wendyredredrobin

26 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If we buy tickets for games not covered by our season cards, we normally print them to use them.  My question is, will the turnstile scanners read them directly from our phones?

no problems doing that for me

although you have to put phone under scanner , unlike on top for season ticket

Edited by StGeorge
clarity
  • Like 1

As others have said, it does work on the phone. No need to print. One tip though is to save the image file to your phone’s camera roll or files so you don’t have to rely on stadium WiFi or terrible 4G/5G which is often unusable on game days. It’s the three QR type codes that scan better than the traditional bar code 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

It’s an annual source of exasperation. For ST holders, if you secure your own seat, it ought to be possible to have the ticket simply loaded onto your ST card electronically. It happened that way a few times in the early days of the current system, but was quickly discontinued, presumably because of technical hitches, but it shouldn’t be beyond the wit of man in this day and age to enable that. Surely that’s more efficient and what such systems were devised for?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I don’t understand why there’s not an option to have tickets posted - it’s a tiny gripe all things considered, but I have ticket stubs going back decades and they bring back memories of games I’d long forgotten. 

Prob because you wouldn't get them in time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CliftonCliff said:

It’s an annual source of exasperation. For ST holders, if you secure your own seat, it ought to be possible to have the ticket simply loaded onto your ST card electronically. It happened that way a few times in the early days of the current system, but was quickly discontinued, presumably because of technical hitches, but it shouldn’t be beyond the wit of man in this day and age to enable that. Surely that’s more efficient and what such systems were devised for?

I’m no IT expert but surely it’s not that difficult to load the ticket to your SC?

As you say they were doing it years ago, if they had a glitch how long does it take to sort it out?

Printing tickets is a ridiculous option in 2023, I’m glad to hear that phones work, at cricket matches I’ve sent the tickets to my mobile wallet so they’re available off line and it’s always worked fine

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I don’t understand why there’s not an option to have tickets posted - it’s a tiny gripe all things considered, but I have ticket stubs going back decades and they bring back memories of games I’d long forgotten. 

I've still got xmas cards coming through the door even now and an important hospital referral letter posted on 15th December only arrived yesterday looking like it had become soaked and dried out then left on the sorting office floor with a footprint on it.  You certainly cannot rely on royal mail to deliver your match tickets in time these days.