IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers at home match thread

Been a supporter for 48;years . And if I did not always have hope it would be pointless. Mind youb that hope been severely stretched at times over those years. But I really feel NP and the present re building team and club reorganization is showing signs of sprouting and growing . But I still not expecting it to be a quick job. We got to still give it time. And as I said before. Lucky enough to be able to go last week and not enjoyed a city performance that much for quite some time . 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Based on what ?

?

Keep up

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It is.  What we need to remember is that players can be fully up for it and still play below par.  I will be looking forward to reading back this thread later, for the first “his heads not right” comment.  I assume it will be after 3pm, but you never know with OTIB!!!

I’m at this game (living in Cov for a year). Some observations:

* Norwich look atrocious defensively - call me old fashioned but Krul’s obsession with playing out from the back is awful, and Cov look like they might score everytime they attack;

* Gyokeres is a bit good for this level - I can’t imagine he will want to live in Coventry for much longer;

* Despite KP45’s involvement today, a sense of frustration from the stands regards his decision making & ‘stupid flicks that never work’;

* It wasn’t KP’s goal even though initially credited, was VG.

Edited by GlastonburyRed
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

An unreal finish from Viktor Gyokeres who picks up the ball inside the box, with his back to goal, turns and fires a rocket into the top corner with the keeper frozen to his line.

It looked like it, but replays showed it was Palmer who had the shot 

Not been as positive, as well, just before Stoke at home. Had been playing pretty well up to the break and jjust beaten Rotherham away.

More than most, Blackburn seem great when ahead and awful chasing a game. However, looking at their probable team some very decent players at this level.

Seems a bit of confidence around after two wins. Hopefully we get the breaks today, a good result, and can start looking forward to mid table obscurity.

• Robin 1
1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

I gave you the fire because I agree with the staement, not about missing KP because I don't.

3 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Not true.

I don’t miss him.

I wasn’t very clear there, what I meant was KP would miss the lifestyle , most footballers at this level have never had a dull 9-5 job so don’t appreciate how well off they are until it’s gone 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

For anyone who is confused, the commentator on the Cov Norwich game has said on more than one occasion that Kasey Palmer, by his own admission, had fallen out love with football.

And when you consider how many people would give their eye teeth to play pro football, it's well a bit sickening to be praising him for falling BACK in love with the game.

THe idiot commentating is fawning over the bloke and it's quite sickly tbh.

Anyway,  gotta start my walk to AG now.

COYR

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Not true.

I don’t miss him.

Ah though his corner was finished by Allen but someone else teed him up.

Still, CREATIVE KASEY.

22 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

He's the epitome of the tosspott footballer.

How the **** can you fall out with the game of football when just by being a pro footballer you are living the dream.

Absolute plonker.

So much anger...

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Ah though his corner was finished by Allen but someone else teed him up.

Still, CREATIVE KASEY.

So much anger...

I do find it strange how any one who has a career in professional football at any level could ever fall out of love with the game. They are very privileged. But everything in live has its ups and downs and the grass is not always greener.

End of philosophy for the day ??