IGNORED

Zac Vyner

A Horse With No Name

Yep, great performance. One dodgy header near the end and a heavy touch resulting his yellow (according to the slightly odd Blackburn forum, if the ref had been consistent, that was a straight red, despite their player getting 2 yellows) were two slight errors, but moved the ball really well, quickly getting it to teammates in space and some very good longer passes. Plus great set up for the goal and all on top some very assured defending. Think scouts looking for a decent CD might look at Zak, which few would have thought until this season. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Just thought he needs a thread of his own. That was as complete a performance as I have seen in many a year, made the goal as well with a run and shot. Plus he now has a song. Any scouts watching somebody else couldnt fail to be impressed. Well done Zac. 10/10.

Player of the season so far. A real credit to him to grow into the player he is becoming after all the criticism . 

Still makes a few catastrophic mistakes but he is improving all the time . 

Fair play to the lad 

• Like 3

Confidence is massive in football and his recent performances really appear to have helped. I think he believes in himself more now, and that has improved the way he plays.

If we're honest, we've been a pretty poor team for the past few seasons and have conceded alot of goals, which can be difficult to deal with if you're not strong minded.

Massive credit to him for his improved performances and consistancy.

Another great performance from Zak. At fault for the goal but that wasn’t one to over scrutinise, it was just a nice bit of play and movement really.

He’s formed a good partnership with Atkinson. I think him and Tanner compliment each other superbly also and they have a good understanding which is only going to improve.

Head and shoulders our player of the season so far, he’s been Mr Consistent.

I was always nervous with him on the pitch & after that debacle away at Swansea last season I was 100% he was done in a city shirt. I never thought it was a technical thing with him . I just thought he couldn’t concentrate & switched off all the time. 
somethings clicked because he’s been superb this season . Takes a lot of mental strength the come back as well as he has. Well done Zak ????????

• Like 5

Until this season I’ve never really rated him, thinking that the Championship just wasn’t his level. How wrong was that?! He’s been great this season and was superb today.

Also his new song is superb, the Section 82 lads did a great job slowing it right down then coming back in loud! 

Tra la la la la la la……

• Like 1

What was good today was that he allowed Tanner to play quite wide today at RB to nullify BBD.  He didn’t need Tanner tucked in because Vale didn’t really offer any threat.

Not downplaying his performance, but him and Big Rob had a very comfortable afternoon.  Surprised Gallagher didn’t come on, guess the red card changed that?

He had a good game though, not disputing that at all.

• Like 2

There was another thread made after one of his other great performances. That echoed much of what's been said tonight.

He's playing well, the extent of his improvement is huge, and next season he is going to be an absolute key member of our team. I'm so pleased that he (and his academy classmate O'Leary) is doing so well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What was good today was that he allowed Tanner to play quite wide today at RB to nullify BBD.  He didn’t need Tanner tucked in because Vale didn’t really offer any threat.

Not downplaying his performance, but him and Big Rob had a very comfortable afternoon.  Surprised Gallagher didn’t come on, guess the red card changed that?

He had a good game though, not disputing that at all.

He was stripped off and ready to come on just before the red card. It would have been interesting how the game would have been affected if they had made an attacking sub just before a defender going off.

• Thanks 1

As one of his previous critics, my humble pie is happily eaten. As he's matured as a man, he's becoming one of the first names on the team sheet and he's finally cut out his weekly big mistake and become a classy defender.

Well done for proving this old cidered wrong Zac, good on you! ??

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1