IGNORED

Lampard Sacked

CyderInACan

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Don’t really follow the Prem much but saw a stat at the weekend that their match day squad at West Ham had players that were signed by 6 different managers in it.

Whether or not you think Lampard is any good as a manager when you get to that state you are a complete basket case.

It's preferable to have one manager at a time, yes 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

I wouldn't, pretty much guaranteed to go back up and I could see them taking all 6 points from us. 

But if they take all 6 from the other 22 teams then it doesn't matter what they take from us. It would have an entirely neutral effect on the table.

Alternatively, if they're likely to take 6 or 4 points from most teams then you might argue it benefits us to have them down here. If we somehow nicked 1 or 3 points from them then that would give us a relative gain over any team that got whitewashed by them.

A lot of assumptions there but just because they might take points from us doesn't mean it's automatically detrimental to have a strong team in the division.

I feel like he's an average manager, but could still go either way.

Derby in the playoffs was probably expected given their players (still credit though, as plenty of teams haven't made it when they've had good players)

Chelsea was basically a free hit, no transfers and they have amazing academy players anyway. Not exactly brave to bring them through as it's all he could do, and if they were bad then always had a get out clause of no other option.

Everton just a shit show of a club at the moment, any manager with similar experience would probably have been sacked around now too.

Needs to go to a more stable club for 3 years or so to see how he really is. I'm sure he's learned a lot along the way though.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2023 at 22:11, REDOXO said:

I never felt Lampard would do much at Everton. That football club is a shit lined poisoned plastic beaker of mediocrity. Metaphorically of course. 

Who would do something there though? They have signed garbage after rubbish. This is the club that paid 27m for Yannick Bolaise for the love of god. (Who was it that spent our 30% of that?) 

The board are getting shit but Kenwright has backed every idiot he and his mates have put in a position to spend stupidly. I guess it’s a job for LJ! 

Despite being somewhat of an Everton fan, I like that.

And it's accurate.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Well I never asked her out anyway so who cares if she'd say no. I'm fine.

Also realistically it's wait 2-3 months. The rate they're going they could secure relegation in early to mid April.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Haha 1

You can't say the owners haven't backed the managers, they may have chosen the wrong managers but they've certainly given them money to spend. If the list I saw is right, they are 8th highest net spenders in the World over the last 10 years.

You could probably see a problem starting when Keoman came in, signed something like 5 numbers 10s , Recruitment was a shambles. He was there for less than 18 months, gross spend of getting on for £300m and a win % of 41. Then Allardyce , Silva a couple of Caretakers and Ancelotti, before they had the genius idea of Rafa FFS. 

Now waiting for their 10th manager ( + 4 Caretakers ) in 10 years and a Net spend of £430m , they've actually spent (gross) £559.5m since 2016 under Mosiri . I honestly think they were the only ones (along with Frank and his Dad) that thought Lampard was a good fit. 

On 23/01/2023 at 15:31, cidercity1987 said:

Failed pretty substantially in all his appointments so far

Wonder who will take him next?

I've been saying it for the past year or even longer that the next England manager will be either Lampard or Gerrard. Both are currently available and I can't see Southgate staying much longer then the Euro's. Who knows we might get one as manager and the other as assistant :laugh:.