IGNORED

Lampard Sacked

CyderInACan

Completely wrong job for him. That club is a complete mess and even the most experienced of managers would struggle there. 

Frank or no Frank their time in the prem should be at an end now. 

Think Frank would need to drop down to the Championship now. I do think he is a decent manager but he just needs to find the right club. 

• Like 4

Massive decision for Everton now on the manager front. 500 Million investment on their new Stadium, due to be ready in time for 24/25 season. If they do go down, getting back up is not guaranteed - although they would be massive favourites. Dont think they envisaged their new stadium witnessing championship football. 

Not a surprise after their run but even at the weekend some fans were still backing him, aiming their venom at the board. 

Like others I hope they get relegated. You could see them doing a Wednesday/Sunderland type free fall if they did as well, everyone would want to beat them next season. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Lampard's available?

Go get him Steve!

I would like to see Moyes at City tbh. Not sure why but just think he would fit in nicely. Probably totally wrong though as will no doubt be pointed out.

In the meantime we have Nige and hes doing reasonable in a difficult situation I think.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Massive decision for Everton now on the manager front. 500 Million investment on their new Stadium, due to be ready in time for 24/25 season. If they do go down, getting back up is not guaranteed - although they would be massive favourites. Dont think they envisaged their new stadium witnessing championship football. 

They could well be coming down into an FFP mess if they do.

£50-60m fall in revenue, £22m fall in loss limit...plus whatever their losses were in 2021-22 and 2022-23 would eat into the allowance to next season.

• Like 1

The Everton TV presenter is on SSN.  He’s hilarious. Says the squad is one of the worst in the Prem, they haven’t got any goals in them at all, the Board is a joke and the recruitment is disastrous. Doesn’t want to hear that Everton are in a relegation fight though ?? Sounds as delusional as our new friend on the Gas thread. 

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I would like to see Moyes at City tbh. Not sure why but just think he would fit in nicely. Probably totally wrong though as will no doubt be pointed out.

In the meantime we have Nige and hes doing reasonable in a difficult situation I think.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't actually want Lampard, he hasn't achieved anything anywhere.

Moyes would be amazing but he's a million miles out of our reach sadly.

I'm happy to stick with Nige, I think he's doing a good job.

• Like 1

I saw Everton at Eastville in 1952 or 53, the last time they were down amongst the Rif Raf.

The physical battle between their centre forward Hickson against Rovers Paddy Hale was extremely hard yet the ref just let them get on with it.

They'll probably go straight back up again as they did all those years ago, assuming they do get relegated.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Hmmm 2

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

Yeah I definitely wouldn't actually want Lampard, he hasn't achieved anything anywhere.

Moyes would be amazing but he's a million miles out of our reach sadly.

I'm happy to stick with Nige, I think he's doing a good job.

Just think Moyes could be the man we need. As you say though, a good way out of our reach.

24 minutes ago, tin said:

Doubtful. I spoke to a mate earlier who’s in Everton’s press team and he said they’re likely to have Baines in temporary charge for the foreseeable. They don’t have a plan, seemingly. 

Not sure the board have ever had one.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It wasn't a slim chance at the time. If we'd beaten Derby, I think we'd have gone onto finish 6th. If that had happened we'd have only been one point behind Boro. 

We can also feel pretty hard done by given this was the season Derby cheated FFP.

TBH I couldn't really remember but you're right. Cheating barstewards.

• Like 2

Whoever they appoint has to be a manger to transition them down to the Championship, and to get them promoted again at the first time of asking. They are all but relegated already. Very, very few teams recover from 0.75 points per game over the first 20 games. Effectively, to get to the season average of 1 point per game that is the target for staying up, they need to return 1.25 ppg over the next 18 games.

So for example that's 7 wins, 2 draws, and 9 losses (for 23 points, landing them on exactly 38 in May). Given their first 20 games have returned 3 wins, 6 draws, and 11 losses it seems far fetched.

Crucially, requiring 1.25 ppg means that even a draw actually pushes you closer to relegation. They need wins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony Tootle said:

Good, absolute chancer. I've never liked him since his touchline antics when Derby beat us in the game Semenyo got himself sent off and effectively ended our slim chances of the playoffs.

Dont think it was Semenyo? 

Edited by CrackingCheeseGromit

47 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Whoever they appoint has to be a manger to transition them down to the Championship, and to get them promoted again at the first time of asking. They are all but relegated already.

Three points separating the bottom seven teams with 18 games to go... Plenty of time to get themselves out of trouble. They've good enough players to do it too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenred said:

The Everton TV presenter is on SSN.  He’s hilarious. Says the squad is one of the worst in the Prem, they haven’t got any goals in them at all, the Board is a joke and the recruitment is disastrous. Doesn’t want to hear that Everton are in a relegation fight though ?? Sounds as delusional as our new friend on the Gas thread. 

sounds like a job for Mashton…superman dancing GIF

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Three points separating the bottom seven teams with 18 games to go... Plenty of time to get themselves out of trouble. They've good enough players to do it too. 

I don't see an escape happening. 

Everton are in or only just outside the bottom 3 for most metrics that generally indicate shitness. The improvement in points return that they need requires a huge turnaround in both performance and results...it's mathematically possible but I'd say it's a million miles from probable.

Newcastle managed it last season but they had the new owners and signed Kieran Trippier, Chris Wood, Bruno Guimaraes and Dan Burn. With a week left in the window Everton's incomings amount to two returning Championship loanees. They aren't looking like they're going to bring in enough quality to change their fortune's to the extent they need. It's bleak.

Wolves and Bournemouth are also looking weak, West Ham and Southampton have better numbers and could pull away.