IGNORED

Lampard Sacked

CyderInACan

4 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Not sure where Lampard goes from here to be honest. The bloke needs an extended break out of the game IMO and hope he can re ignite his managerial career, possibly abroad if and when he decides to come back.

Hes like a bigger name LJ,, talks the talk but is useless when given a team to manage.

love the look of that new Everton stadium though,, will be awesome when its done

52 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Not sure where Lampard goes from here to be honest. The bloke needs an extended break out of the game IMO and hope he can re ignite his managerial career, possibly abroad if and when he decides to come back.

Lampard is becoming something of a fraud - wonderful player but being top player doesn’t mean that you’ll be a top manager

Gerrard is heading the same way. Did well in Scotland but that means nothing in PL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bris Red said:

Punditry. He talks a good game, but is useless when it comes to doing it. Same as Gary Neville 

Edited by Winston

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lampard is becoming something of a fraud - wonderful player but being top player doesn’t mean that you’ll be a top manager

Gerrard is heading the same way. Did well in Scotland but that means nothing in PL

Gerrard took the credit for all the work Michael Beale did

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I saw Everton at Eastville in 1952 or 53, the last time they were down amongst the Rif Raf.

The physical battle between their centre forward Hickson against Rovers Paddy Hale was extremely hard yet the ref just let them get on with it.

They'll probably go straight back up again as they did all those years ago, assuming they do get relegated.

Nice. I saw Everton at Ashton Gate, midweek February half-term, 1980. And we won. I'd imagine Mick Lyons was playing that night, maybe John Bailey? John Bailey v Howard Pritchard: 50p in the Schoolboys Enclosure. What about Asa Harford - think he played, with a hole in his heart. I don't think anyone called "Asa" has played at AG since (although GrahamC might know otherwise .... )

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I don't follow Everton's fortunes but I am assuming that by the time the new manager is in place the transfer window will have closed?

I’d also assume that by the time the next manager is in place that they’d have formally announced the previous one had gone ?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Winston said:

Punditry. He talks a good game, but is useless when it comes to doing it. Same as Gary Neville 

I find Neville a decent pundit and co-commentator. He makes a great deal of sense. Several other, like Hinchcliffe are nowhere near in their punditry.

• Like 1

Don’t really follow the Prem much but saw a stat at the weekend that their match day squad at West Ham had players that were signed by 6 different managers in it.

Whether or not you think Lampard is any good as a manager when you get to that state you are a complete basket case.

• Like 3

Bit early to judge Lampard overall for me. Did a decent job at Derby, albeit we now know they were spending beyond their means. 

I thought he did ok at Chelsea too, bringing through young players in what was a transition period for the club.

Then at Everton, he kept them up last season tbf. They've been a shower this season, but then they have for a few years now. Experienced, well-regarded managers have gone in there and failed too. 

Next job is a big one for him though. May well have to go abroad or drop down to the C'ship, but he'll definitely get another one.

• Like 2

I never felt Lampard would do much at Everton. That football club is a shit lined poisoned plastic beaker of mediocrity. Metaphorically of course. 

Who would do something there though? They have signed garbage after rubbish. This is the club that paid 27m for Yannick Bolaise for the love of god. (Who was it that spent our 30% of that?) 

The board are getting shit but Kenwright has backed every idiot he and his mates have put in a position to spend stupidly. I guess it’s a job for LJ! 

Edited by REDOXO

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seems the announcement may have been leaked.

After all the legal formalities? So when we hear that a Manager has been sacked immediately after a game, that's either not the correct procedure, or it has been pre-arranged?

Edited by Port Said Red

10 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Nice. I saw Everton at Ashton Gate, midweek February half-term, 1980. And we won. I'd imagine Mick Lyons was playing that night, maybe John Bailey? John Bailey v Howard Pritchard: 50p in the Schoolboys Enclosure. What about Asa Harford - think he played, with a hole in his heart. I don't think anyone called "Asa" has played at AG since (although GrahamC might know otherwise .... )

Pritchard and Hartford played against each other at Wembley I recall 

11 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

What about Asa Harford - think he played, with a hole in his heart.

He did have a hole in his heart. I confess, here and now, that I fell about laughing when after a game involving the player, the presenter described his performance as ‘ whole hearted’ . 
Alan Partridge before his time.

Hartford was an immense talent. 

• Like 3