IGNORED

WBA at home fourth round of the FA Cup match thread

18 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

What was the attendance? I didn’t hear it given out. 

15,400 something.

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Against a good side we looked solid, we carried a threat, we limited them to a couple of chances and every single player played his part. Just a great day out watching football. 

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Not seen it mentioned yet, but thought ref and linos were generally very good today

Yep.  You know those little tug-backs on our players that we don’t get, but when we do them to our opponents they get a foul…well he gave them fairly today.  He sometimes waited a second or two before whistling, but that is fine.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

The most complete performance since we won at Blackburn back in September. We followed that up by being garbage for 3 months, so I’m not getting my hopes up, but thanks City (and Morecambe) for giving us the perfect afternoon! 

Tbh there were some shockers in those 3 months but Norwich away decent, Sheffield United at home decent, Watford at home decent- deserved 5-7 pts from these IMO, we got 1 but the performance level in all 3 was positive. Preston home, WBA away and Swanswa at home all had their positive aspects.

I know what you're saying though, liveliest all round in a while and a clean sheet- was Saturday our biggest win of the season? At home definitely! Funny thing stats, didn't feel all that worried by West Brom as a threat a lot of the time but Leary did make a couple of excellent saves at the right time.

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Missed this totally yesterday, what a fab win and by all accounts very dominant. Change in play and formation absolutely working then?

Well happy with the result and the goals

Watched all the game on stream and then Preston v Spurs last night; I think Preston will be a tougher nut to crack next weekend, but we should fear no-one based on yesterdays efforts. Enjoy it....hopefully ?

8 hours ago, Simple Red said:

Last after goalless game at Ipswich!

We should count ourselves lucky, as if they'd squeezed in a post match interview with the Ipswich CEO, we wouldn't have featured at all! 

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I beg to disagree. He would have said our win was down to him.

He would probably have claimed all the credit for having Bournemouth's pants down with Semnyo's transfer!

• Like 2