IGNORED

WBA at home fourth round of the FA Cup match thread

6 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

The only negative from today, Scott was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch and any prem scouts will be advising to get and pay the 25m quick before someone else does, worried we could sell by Tuesday 

25 mil you say?Keep going!Nice bidding war hopefully. Be lovely to hang on to him though. 

• Robin 1
6 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

The only negative from today, Scott was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch and any prem scouts will be advising to get and pay the 25m quick before someone else does, worried we could sell by Tuesday 

I wouldn’t say us getting in £25m as a negative - would be some much needed dough to plough back into the squad. Hopefully he doesn’t go this window mind you.

3 minutes ago, Slacker said:

25 mil you say?Keep going!Nice bidding war hopefully. Be lovely to hang on to him though. 

2 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

I wouldn’t say us getting in £25m as a negative - would be some much needed dough to plough back into the squad. Hopefully he doesn’t go this window mind you.

We know he is going and that sort of money will be fantastic for the club, but would be nice if we can hold onto until the summer and enjoy a little longer.

I think any prem team watching him may want to get the deal done before anyone else as that performance was awesome

Another excellent performance.

Defense solid. JD slotted in well for Pring. Tanner excellent, linked up well with Skyes and great assist for Bells second. Also good to see him organising throughout the game. Atkinson a bit shaky first half but got into it as the game went on. Zak superb once more.

Midfield getting better with every game. James and Naismith getting a real understanding now. Scott with the best performance of the season. Praying we keep him - not just because of his quality but because his value is only going to go up. Sykes really good, especially first half. I still think he could do more defensively and he seems to switch off at times when tracking his man but he’s definitely getting better.

Wells worked tirelessly. Sam Bell - take a bow. What a performance by the young man!

Long may it continue. We definitely have a group of players who’ll give everything. We showed that even when the chips were down.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I love the FA cup, don’t understand those who just want to get knocked out and concentrate on the league. We’re just 2 wins from a day out Wembley in the semis and the feel good factor is growing.

Really enjoyed today and great to see Sam Bell, who I think promises to be the best striker to come out of our academy, start to fulfil his potential.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just seen the highlights on the BBC Sport. The commentator described Bell’s first as “a wonderful hit from YOU KNOW WHO!!!”

….which might be the most bizarre way of describing a little-known youngster scoring his second senior goal I’ve ever heard! ?‍♂️

Third senior goal ???

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just seen the highlights on the BBC Sport. The commentator described Bell’s first as “a wonderful hit from YOU KNOW WHO!!!”

….which might be the most bizarre way of describing a little-known youngster scoring his second senior goal I’ve ever heard! ?‍♂️

Perhaps the commentator didn’t know his name! 

• Haha 2