IGNORED

WBA at home fourth round of the FA Cup match thread

18 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:
L

Superb goal, such a smooth, measured but powerful finish.

Sammy makes it look easy but it was far from it.

It all came completely naturally to him.

We've got another young star in the making on our hands, no doubt about it.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Robin 1

Well.

That was superb. 

Only small gripe from me is that Max’s kicking (my prior moans about his floaty ones to the flanks) remains a concern and I think we ceded possession easily from them 5 or 6 times. Get why he’s going flanks as they’re bigger than us but needs more pace on the kicks.

As for Scott. I almost hope we sub him at half time. If he plays like that the second half there is no way he won’t be highlighted on MOTD. He’s running this. If the cat was out of the bag before, it’s now left the cat flap and is shitting in next doors garden.

• Haha 7

I don't know about you guys but I'm seeing no progression under Pearson, get 'im out ?

I'm joking of course, it's almost like we needed a bit of patience, a real lack of that in football and society nowadays.

Good first half, they're going to create some chances with the high press, a few loose touches have left the door open for them but once we've broken the press we've shown a real threat to go and punish them.

These crop of young players coming through breathing life into our club again, they don't come in and coast - they really get stuck in and fight for every yard and every ball. 

Keep it up, COYR.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1
4 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Brilliantly ball across by Sykes, who apparently has nothing in the final third according to a section of City fans. 

One swallow does not a summer make. 
I’d fully expect a professional footballer int he championship to have the occasional good game. And he’s had one or two. 
It’s the 2,500 unsuccessful crosses this season that had people stating that he offered nothing in the final third. 
I’d expect a pro footballer to get one right now and then. And today he did. Great run and great cross. Fair play to him. If he can do that once in every 3 or 4 games I’ll change my mind. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

shame for that heavy touch, when striding through.

On an aside Naismith has been very good.

Great diving header from Vyner.

Sykes very efficient, and Wells has done all you could ask for the central forward to do.

Solid performance all round. Just got to keep it simple and wait for the gaps to open up. We’re so quick on the break. So much better than trying to probe. Get at them and get round the back!

• Like 1

I have hoped for a long time we would find a striker locally and now we have found two.

Really optimistic now, altho always supported NP, believing if he had time would deliver on pitch as well as off it.  Guess he and Tins work well together.

Let us hope we keep going in second half, but whatever happens first half proves we are beginning to have a real gem to support.  First time since promotion season.