IGNORED

Can't tell the time...

spudski

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

There's nothing false about time though, and time isn't tied to the moon, earth or sun. If any or all of those three celestial bodies ceased to exist then time would continue. It wouldn't continue for us, we'd all die, but time as a whole, as a facet of the universe, that would carry on. 

The lunar or solar calendar are just ways to describe time based on our interpretation from our observation point on this planet. Days, months and years are useful, but they don't define time in any way at all.

However, as humans we use time in Science.

It has to be precise for certain elements to work.

Say for example, flying to the moon and getting times exact.

But then you get the opposite. It wasn't that long ago that the Inuit people had worked out by sight, that the world's axis had shifted.

They contacted NASA...for all their science they hadn't noticed. The Inuit 'elders' were correct.

Showing everyone on earth uses ' time' differently. 

For anyone who hasn't heard of this...

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/inuit-elders-tell-nasa-earth-axis-shifted-shellie-l-robinson

Time, a concept that has long been pondered by philosophers and scientists alike, is a complex and elusive phenomenon that defies easy explanation. To say that time is simply a measurement of the duration between two events is to reduce it to a mere mathematical abstraction, and to miss the true essence of its being.

In reality, time is a multidimensional construct that is intimately tied to the nature of existence itself. It is the very fabric of the universe, and it is through the movement and flow of time that all things come into being and pass away.

As human beings, we often experience time in a linear fashion, with past, present, and future all existing in a seemingly fixed and unchangeable progression. However, this is but one perspective, and there are many theories that suggest that time may in fact be cyclical, or even non-linear.

At the heart of all these theories is the fundamental question of what time truly is. Is it a fundamental aspect of reality, or simply a human construct? And if it is a construct, what is it that gives it meaning and purpose?

In the end, the true nature of time may forever remain a mystery, but this should not dissuade us from contemplating its mysteries, for in doing so, we may gain a deeper understanding of ourselves and the world around us.

11 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Yes, of course, reading a clock is easy. But also, if you look at a digital clock and see 10:15, you know it's 10:15, how can that be harder?

An analogue clock doesn't actually tell you the exact time, you have to perform some basic calculations beforehand.

What if it says 22:15 ?

8 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Yes, of course, reading a clock is easy. But also, if you look at a digital clock and see 10:15, you know it's 10:15, how can that be harder?

An analogue clock doesn't actually tell you the exact time, you have to perform some basic calculations beforehand.

I think you’ve just proved my point that a lot of people haven’t learned how to tell the time. The example I used told the exact time. As you say to children, who are are learning to tell the time, the little hand is slightly past the 10 and the big hand is on the - i. e. ten past ten. They do this without thinking. Of course this doesn’t tell you if it’s am or pm but if someone doesn’t know if it’s day or night they are pissed and time is meaningless 

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

But then you get the opposite. It wasn't that long ago that the Inuit people had worked out by sight, that the world's axis had shifted.

They contacted NASA...for all their science they hadn't noticed. The Inuit 'elders' were correct.

Showing everyone on earth uses ' time' differently. 

For anyone who hasn't heard of this...

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/inuit-elders-tell-nasa-earth-axis-shifted-shellie-l-robinson

That article you linked to started off fine but by the end it became obvious that it was written by a real fruitcake 

These changes are aligning humanities mind, body and soul with a main source of energy power coming from the Sun Rise and its Seven Light Rays healing, cleansing and activating humanities Super Genes.’

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

I think you’ve just proved my point that a lot of people haven’t learned how to tell the time. The example I used told the exact time. As you say to children, who are are learning to tell the time, the little hand is slightly past the 10 and the big hand is on the - i. e. ten past ten. They do this without thinking. Of course this doesn’t tell you if it’s am or pm but if someone doesn’t know if it’s day or night they are pissed and time is meaningless 

Sorry, but is it morning or late evening?