IGNORED

How many points will we finish on?

Jerseybean

So, ahead of the Preston game there are 54 points to be played for before the end of our season. Just for a bit of fun I invite your predictions for the total number of points we will have when the final whistle is blown on our final game of the season away against QPR.

To get the ball rolling I’m going for 55 points.

14 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Just imagine that = 87 points 

That's the average number of points for 2nd place.

I think we will get 67 which coincidently is the number of points Leicester got under NP in the 2012-13 season to finish 6th and in the playoffs. Although I don't see such a low number making the playoffs this time. I'd just like a strong finish with a positive GD.

Edited by E.G.Red

Extrapolate our current points across the whole season and we finish on 54 points.   Take our form over the last 5 games and apply to the rest of the season we finish on 55 points.  If we could get between 58-60 points that would mean we would achieved around 1.4 points per game from here on in, which is 67 points across a whole season.   59 points for the season from here is a reasonable expectation which would give strong hope going into next season 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Extrapolate our current points across the whole season and we finish on 54 points.   Take our form over the last 5 games and apply to the rest of the season we finish on 55 points.  If we could get between 58-60 points that would mean we would achieved around 1.4 points per game from here on in, which is 67 points across a whole season.   59 points for the season from here is a reasonable expectation which would give strong hope going into next season 

Quite. I'm not sure people realise the level of improvement required to get over 60 points. I admire the optimism of some on this thread, but anything in the high 50's is a very good achievement from where we are now.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Quite. I'm not sure people realise the level of improvement required to get over 60 points. I admire the optimism of some on this thread, but anything in the high 50's is a very good achievement from where we are now.

Yep. To finish on 62 points is pretty much play off form over a whole season.  Very ambitious 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Yep. To finish on 62 points is pretty much play off form over a whole season.  Very ambitious 

It's possible. We did 1.5 PPG over games 2 - 12 of the season, but keeping that up over 18 games isn't something we've done for quite a while now. It's not probable.

Edited by ExiledAjax

17 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Well, 59 then. And 3 pens in that time. ?

• Like 1

Last season we averaged 1.19 points per game to finish on 55

This season we are currently on 1.18 points per game. That would leave us on 54 or 55 again

Our win percentage is currently down on last season (28.6 percent so far this season compared to 32.6 percent for the whole of last season).

To get to the 60 points mark we'll need to significantly improve our win percentage. That would see us score 27 points in the remaining games at 1.5 points per game. We would need a win percentage (depending on the number of draws) of about 40 percent or better. That's a strong improvement.

If we get to 60 points, we'd go into 23/24 with a great deal of optimism.

As it stands, I think we'll finish the season on around 57 points. An improvement on last year.

Interestingly, last season we were on 33 points after 28 games and 11 points off the play offs but 13 above the drop. This season we are 1 point closer to the play offs but also only 7 points above the drop. The bottom half of the table is a lot tighter. We can't afford to make too many mistakes.