IGNORED

Good crowd Norwich

mightyreds89

3 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

Much like an old Lambretta, Norwich don't travel that well, at least not as far as the West Country from East Anglia.  So, whereas the Brum and Coventry games were inflated by the away showing, Saturday might be shrink-flated by the Ayteo.

That said, if you take the Ayteo out of the equation (4,000 capacity maybe), add the 450 they'll bring, we'll sell just about all of the other home tickets, allowing for a 27k capacity for football, maybe 23.5k Saturday?

Have I over-thought this?

They will bring far more than 450, 1450 is more likely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Norwich travel very well, much better than we do especially considering their location compared to the grounds they have to visit during the season.

They’ll bring way more than 450.

Trying to find out how many we've sold, but our lowest away attendance of the season was 791 and I think that was a midweek game at Sunderland when we had Dean Smith as manager (the football was dross). I'd guess somewhere around 1,500, possibly even as many as 2,000.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, CanaryCouple said:

Trying to find out how many we've sold, but our lowest away attendance of the season was 791 and I think that was a midweek game at Sunderland when we had Dean Smith as manager (the football was dross). I'd guess somewhere around 1,500, possibly even as many as 2,000.

Update from our head of comms: "Bristol City ticket update. We've currently sold 2,158 from our allocation of 2,522. Tickets available until 1pm Friday. No pay on the day available."

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

That's impressive ? 

I can guarantee you it'd have been about half that if Dean Smith was still in charge. We're certainly enjoying the feelgood factor of a new manager bounce, despite our humbling against Burnley. Should be a good attacking game with a cracking atmosphere. Looking forward to it!

• Like 5

The £15 member tickets is a good offer but only thing I would say is, just make it £15 anywhere rather than just certain blocks. The differential between the £15 offer tickets and £34+ tickets in other blocks is ridiculous. Any members looking to take advantage of the offer at this point will find scarce availability in the offer blocks, but there are still loads of tickets available elsewhere. Very few people are going to be happy to pay more than twice as much as the offer price, so maximise the potential crowd by making it £15 everywhere.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The £15 member tickets is a good offer but only thing I would say is, just make it £15 anywhere rather than just certain blocks. The differential between the £15 offer tickets and £34+ tickets in other blocks is ridiculous. Any members looking to take advantage of the offer at this point will find scarce availability in the offer blocks, but there are still loads of tickets available elsewhere. Very few people are going to be happy to pay more than twice as much as the offer price, so maximise the potential crowd by making it £15 everywhere.

The crowd is virtually ‘maximised’ as it is without the offer being made available to all areas (yep, I paid £31 ?). So why would the club feel the need to lose revenue - which goes towards improving almost everything in the club set up, while it’s almost a sell out?

Some people seem to expect low prices for one of the top teams in Europe and also against a ticket qualifying match for that game v a good placed Championship club this week as well.  
We’re not the Poundland team in Bristol, it’s the other lot…?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Impressive but you guys have always travelled well.

Certainly true in recent times. I think it's partly because we always seem to have something to play for, as is the way with a yo-yo team. I first had a season ticket in 2008, and since then there has only been one season that we've had nothing to play for at the end of the season (2017-18). I think our numbers would dwindle pretty significantly if we had a couple of years stuck in mid-table.... there's a lot of expectation (maybe even entitlement) among our younger fans in particular.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CanaryCouple said:

Certainly true in recent times. I think it's partly because we always seem to have something to play for, as is the way with a yo-yo team. I first had a season ticket in 2008, and since then there has only been one season that we've had nothing to play for at the end of the season (2017-18). I think our numbers would dwindle pretty significantly if we had a couple of years stuck in mid-table.... there's a lot of expectation (maybe even entitlement) among our younger fans in particular.

Exactly this, very difficult to muster any enthusiasm to travel away when you are constantly bottom third of the division every season, I find it difficult enough to travel three miles for the home games

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Norwich travel very well, much better than we do especially considering their location compared to the grounds they have to visit during the season.

They’ll bring way more than 450.

Ah, so I have miscalculated and under-thought it.  More like an automatic Vespa than an old Lambretta so it would seem...

Edited by Vespa Red
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CanaryCouple said:

Update from our head of comms: "Bristol City ticket update. We've currently sold 2,158 from our allocation of 2,522. Tickets available until 1pm Friday. No pay on the day available."

Can I have some mustard to go with my humble pie please?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CanaryCouple said:

I always compare you guys to Plymouth who will take 1200 to Rotherham on a wet Tuesday in November. It`s a hundred miles before either of you get anywhere yet you still do it.

800 to Sunderland midweek is bloody impressive. I suspect only our neighbours north of the river would match that.............................................

21 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I always compare you guys to Plymouth who will take 1200 to Rotherham on a wet Tuesday in November. It`s a hundred miles before either of you get anywhere yet you still do it.

800 to Sunderland midweek is bloody impressive. I suspect only our neighbours north of the river would match that.............................................

They’d take 10 times more and still have thousands locked out. ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

Should be a good crowd just 1,000 home tickets left so 21,500 home and 2,200 away looking at just under 24k with  3/4 days left should ensure a crowd of around 24-25@, just 1500 to 2000 short of capacity amazing what a decent ticket price can do. 

It’s not just the ticket price (it only applies to certain sections of the ground), it’s also about people with ‘memberships’ purchasing tickets to ensure they have the minimum of 4 games in their purchase  history to enable them to get a chance for a Man City ticket. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KendrickDNB said:

Literally can’t get through on the phone at all to move my season ticket seats to sit next to my family who I sent the codes to ?‍♂️

Phone sales for the Man City game opened at 10am this morning so that's not surprising, think you might need to just call up, go do something else for an hour then come back to see where you are in the queue

4 minutes ago, BCFC101 said:

Phone sales for the Man City game opened at 10am this morning so that's not surprising, think you might need to just call up, go do something else for an hour then come back to see where you are in the queue

Yeah been trying for 3 days now mate and can’t even get in a queue either it just says ‘user busy’

shocking