IGNORED

Good crowd Norwich

mightyreds89

10 minutes ago, KendrickDNB said:

Yeah been trying for 3 days now mate and can’t even get in a queue either it just says ‘user busy’

shocking 

Ahh that's a pain. Email might be worth a shot, they've generally been quite quick to respond on there in the past and might be a bit less impacted than phone lines (maybe, no guarantees)

54 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Wouldn't it be great to get a win against Norwich? How many times have we had large crowds only to send them home disappointed thinking we've cocked up the opportunity to get more fans down the ground on a regular basis.

My thoughts exactly city with large home crowd & expectation usually means one thing - let’s hope .

to me this games could define where are season goes from here to a certain degree. Win and then hopefully beat Wigan and suddenly we’re in the pack 

lose and we are then really needing to beat Wigan so we don’t have to start looking over our shoulders again .

pivotal game I would say .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

I’ve never really bothered with these before as all my city mates have STs. Got 4 tickets as a day out for some casual footy fan pals, and the cost saving is insane. £12.50 for upper lansdown that is normally around £38. Huge amount of cash saved for beers for a group of 4 

Similar story here, I think there are about 6 pals of mine who all like football but have never been to a 'live game' before who have taken advantage of various codes for an afternoon of less expensive football.

Hopefully they'll enjoy it and want to go again.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, redkev said:

My thoughts exactly city with large home crowd & expectation usually means one thing - let’s hope .

to me this games could define where are season goes from here to a certain degree. Win and then hopefully beat Wigan and suddenly we’re in the pack 

lose and we are then really needing to beat Wigan so we don’t have to start looking over our shoulders again .

yes  agree, big crowd with same outcome generally, would be a huge win if we can do it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

Wouldn't it be great to get a win against Norwich? How many times have we had large crowds only to send them home disappointed thinking we've cocked up the opportunity to get more fans down the ground on a regular basis.

You’re right, this has happened what feels like every occasion. We lower the prices, get the big crowds in, it’s then a chance to gain bigger gates on a regular basis…

But then we don’t turn up on the pitch. The football looks to be on the way up though??

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I see that W4, W5, and W6 have now been fully opened up for sale.

Bit late imo.

Not sure why they always do this ?

Yeah, really odd that given the limited availability of multiple seats together in the other areas of the ground that were open before these got released. Would have put some people off potentially thinking they couldn’t get seats together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Sure to be a draw then, leaving us looking neither up nor down.

52 minutes ago, Scrumpy Dziek said:

Same, can't even get into the phone queue. I've given up trying and just bought myself another ticket as it's 'only' another £12.50

I got through eventually mate, the woman on the other end said their queue capacity is like 38 and it hits maximum the moment the phone lines open.

hope you got it sorted

38 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Probably means West Brom on Boxing Day.

We typically lose games with a large crowd and a big away following. We have a great chance to change that tomorrow.

I do know what you mean although v Cardiff in August? Won handily.

Display v Watford was also food back just before the international break too, they brought a few-atmosphere was good especially 2nd half, two (team and fans) fed off each other quite well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Probably means West Brom on Boxing Day.

We typically lose games with a large crowd and a big away following. We have a great chance to change that tomorrow.

This season, of the 8 home games with attendances of more than 20,000, we've won 3, lost 3, and drew 2.

Last season there were also 8 such games. Won 3, lost 4, drew 1.

Season prior to that was COVID so no crowds.

In 2019/20 we had 17 games with more than 20k attending. 7 wins, 5 losses, 5 draws.

So over the last 4 years we've won 13, lost 12, drawn 8 of our 33 home games with more than 20k attending. So that's roughly a 39% won rate, a 36% loss rate, and a 24% draw rate (allow rounding).

Of really big crowds of 22k plus it's a total of 2 wins, 5 draws, and 4 losses. So not so good with the wins, but still more games where we don't lose than do.

So no, we don't typically lose home games with large crowds and away followings (all large attendances at AG have big away followings).

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

This season, of the 8 home games with attendances of more than 20,000, we've won 3, lost 3, and drew 2.

In 2019/20 we had 17 games with more than 20k attending. 7 wins, 5 losses, 5 draws.

So over the last 4 years we've won 13, lost 12, drawn 8 of our 33 home games with more than 20k attending. So that's roughly a 39% won rate, a 36% loss rate, and a 24% draw rate (allow rounding).

Of really big crowds of 22k plus it's a total of 2 wins, 5 draws, and 4 losses. So not so good with the wins, but still more games where we don't lose than do.

So no, we don't typically lose home games with large crowds and away followings (all large attendances at AG have big away followings).

Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

To quote certain politicians, I think we are all fed up with experts and their facts aren't we. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

TBF I think that stat of playing in front of really big crowds with 2 wins out of 11 kind of backs up what some people are saying. 11 points out of 33 at home isn’t at all good.

Anyway we’ve a good chance of increasing the current feel good factor today 

COYR

19 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

But these are home games, so just about holding our own over 4 seasons is pretty poor.

But that's a general issue of form and particularly home form.

Over those 2.5 seasons our general home form has been:

2022/23: 5 wins, 4 draws, 6 losses

2021/22: 8 wins, 8 draws, 7 losses

2019/20 8 wins, 7 draws, 8 losses

So 21 wins (34%), 19 draws (31%), 21 losses (34%) overall. 

So...we actually have a better win rate in games attended by 20k or more people than we do in our overall home games.

Compare it just to those games that have fewer than 20k attending and it's even starker. In those games the aggregate is 8 wins (33%), 7 draws (29%), 9 losses (38%).

So you could argue that we actually get better results in front of big crowds.

8 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

TBF I think that stat of playing in front of really big crowds with 2 wins out of 11 kind of backs up what some people are saying. 11 points out of 33 at home isn’t at all good.

But it's not what was said. What was said is that we typically lose in front of big crowds. That's not the case.

We might not win either, but we don't necessarily lose.

Edited by ExiledAjax

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

But that's a general issue of form and particularly home form.

Over those 2.5 seasons our general home form has been:

2022/23: 5 wins, 4 draws, 6 losses

2021/22: 8 wins, 8 draws, 7 losses

2019/20 8 wins, 7 draws, 8 losses

So 21 wins (34%), 19 draws (31%), 21 losses (34%) overall. 

So...we actually have a better win rate in games attended by 20k or more people than we do in our overall home games.

Compare it just to those games that have fewer than 20k attending and it's even starker. In those games the aggregate is 8 wins (33%), 7 draws (29%), 9 losses (38%).

So you could argue that we actually get better results in front of big crowds.

But it's not what was said. What was said is that we typically lose in front of big crowds. That's not the case.

We might not win either, but we don't necessarily lose.

Fair enough, I was mixing it up with what I had posted on the match day thread where I said often the games with bigger crowds are a let down which that stat backs up. That’s relegation form. 

13 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Fair enough, I was mixing it up with what I had posted on the match day thread where I said often the games with bigger crowds are a let down which that stat backs up. That’s relegation form. 

Yeh that's a reasonable assessment. It depends as well on what you call a "bigger crowd". I went for 20k, but there's a level above that of 22k and up.

I wonder though whether it's to do with the crowds or whether it's more than we get big crowds when big clubs with good teams visit us. It's not necessarily the crowd size that is the determining factor for the result.

For example Man City will be our biggest home attendance of the season, but they'll also be the best team we'll face...so if we lose is it because of the crowd or because De Bruyne and Haaland take us apart...I'd hypothesise that it's the latter.

• Like 1

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh that's a reasonable assessment. It depends as well on what you call a "bigger crowd". I went for 20k, but there's a level above that of 22k and up.

I wonder though whether it's to do with the crowds or whether it's more than we get big crowds when big clubs with good teams visit us. It's not necessarily the crowd size that is the determining factor for the result.

For example Man City will be our biggest home attendance of the season, but they'll also be the best team we'll face...so if we lose is it because of the crowd or because De Bruyne and Haaland take us apart...I'd hypothesise that it's the latter.

Yes it’s true, often the reason it’s a big crowd is because it’s against quality opposition.

Lets hope a win today and against Man City will shed a fresh light on the stat……….I might be hoping for a bit much here

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes it’s true, often the reason it’s a big crowd is because it’s against quality opposition.

Lets hope a win today and against Man City will shed a fresh light on the stat……….I might be hoping for a bit much here

I heard we're doing the whole of 2023 undefeated. So the stats will get a lovely bump.

• Flames 1
  • Robin 1