IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - the sanest manager in English football?

southvillekiddy

I've said this before but what's impressed me throughout with Pearson is, whether things have been going well or badly, I think he's always genuinely tried to look at the long-term interests of the club and has never gone for quick fixes even where it would have made his own life easier.

There's still a way to go before we can say for sure if recent results are evidence that we've finally found consistency but the squad is leaner and stronger than it has looked for quite some time and it feels like we're in a place where there's a clear pathway for young players, plenty of potential talent to capitalise on that pathway, a few experienced heads to guide a young squad and, after the summer, we should no longer have players on contracts that don't reflect the current market. That gives us a very strong foundation for the future. 

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, southvillekiddy said:

Aside from the comprehensive examination of what happened in the transfer window in the latest press briefing and the implications for the squad and remainder of the season, it's Pearson's delivery (always erudite) and his personal qualities coming through that are so impressive to me. 

If he has uttered a word of bullshit in briefings since being with us, i haven't heard it.

The way he talks about the players, staff and CEO and what is gradually improving at our Club under very tight circumstances  is inspiring and gives me true confidence for the future.

We're lucky to have him.

Welcome to the forum Nige 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, southvillekiddy said:

Aside from the comprehensive examination of what happened in the transfer window in the latest press briefing and the implications for the squad and remainder of the season, it's Pearson's delivery (always erudite) and his personal qualities coming through that are so impressive to me. 

If he has uttered a word of bullshit in briefings since being with us, i haven't heard it.

The way he talks about the players, staff and CEO and what is gradually improving at our Club under very tight circumstances  is inspiring and gives me true confidence for the future.

We're lucky to have him.

I was a Pearson outer but I am slowly coming around...for now.

However, some of these OTT love ins for him with no acceptance of any errors are nauseating and a little disturbing.

If this one isn't a p*ss take then it actually says more about your personality than his.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

Although results haven't always been great, i've always retorted that he is the right man for the job. I've never known City to be as professionally ran as it has been in the last 18 months or so. Both he, Richard Gould and Brian Tinnion deserve a lot of credit in turning around the tide from the joke outfit we'd become behind the scenes before they Gould and Pearson arrived.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Cos you is in Sin

Think this thread is going off at tangent Dave!

Just now, Daniro said:

I agree he talks very good sense but, boy, does his voice sound boring!   

If we keep performing like last Saturday who cares how boring his voice sounds?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

We're lucky to have him.

We certainly are fortunate to have Nige at the helm. He really is a proper manager and dare I say it is heading to the top of my favourite City manager list of the last 30 years. He and Danny Wilson in the top two and maybe it’s not a coincidence that they were teammates at Sheffield Wednesday…………..:dunno:

3 hours ago, Top Robin said:

I was a Pearson outer but I am slowly coming around...for now.

However, some of these OTT love ins for him with no acceptance of any errors are nauseating and a little disturbing.

If this one isn't a p*ss take then it actually says more about your personality than his.

No it isn't a p*ss take, nor a love in. Why try to be insulting in such a contrived way? Sorry to hear that you can be so inappropriately nauseated and disturbed. Never heard before that offering praise when it's due could be a sign of a personality disorder. You sure you are okay in this area?

Edited by southvillekiddy
  • Like 1